Home

Fumbles in NCAA '10!!

This is a discussion on Fumbles in NCAA '10!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #25
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Fumbles in NCAA '10!!

Played a OD game yesterday and won off turnovers...3 fumbles...7 total turnovers...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 7

It should be a new NCAA team this year after this game was let out I don't feel the dedication.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 10

The problem comes in when you play online and the person is using aggresive stripping. Yes he will get more face mask calls but you will more than likely fumble 2 times that game and they always come at the worst times!!
Old 07-27-2009, 06:28 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Definitely not having a fumble problem playing the CPU. When it gets late in the game and I'm holding on to a lead I set running to conservative and basically hold the RB button as soon as my RB gets the ball (and avoid using turbo unless I'm truly FREE). I also try to avoid getting stuck in those packs where there's a lotta action going on, maybe break to the outside just to get into more open space. I think I've fumbled like three times in my last several games since I've started doing this, only once late.

Online tho, yeah, I can't vouch for that.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:39 PM   #29
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleWAY
What is realistic then? 2? 4?

I get on normal, 3 a game.
If you are fumbling 3 times a game then it is you, not the game. I don't mean that in a mean way. I mean it in a constructive way.

I have labbed every possible combination of teams for my slider project and I have NEVER had 3 fumbles in one of those games, let alone every game.

Also, I just played as FSU hosting Miami and it was a downpour. I had 1 fumble. I expected many.

The only way to fumble as much as you are is to play on aggressive and/or try to highlight stick your way up and down the field, in and out of traffic. I took numerous hits in traffic and protected the daylights out of the ball.

With 3:30 left in the game I was trying to kill the clock and preserve a 24-22 lead. I knew Miami would be stripping left and right so I protected on every single run. No fumbles. I had to punt and hang on but I didn't fumble.

All my games have been perfect with regard to fumbles. Its a matter of play style.

I'm really getting bored of the people who scream TOO MANY USER FUMBLES or TOO MANY CPU RETURNS. Neither of those things is an issue for someone who understands how football should be played.

People, please stop blaming EA because a 4 yard run isn't enough for you. You want to break every tackle and take it to the house and create a highlight reel on every play.

If every college and pro running back played as wrecklessly as you did (i mean the community, not the op) you would see that many fumbles on Saturdays and Sundays.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:44 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
If you are fumbling 3 times a game then it is you, not the game. I don't mean that in a mean way. I mean it in a constructive way.

The only way to fumble as much as you are is to play on aggressive and/or try to highlight stick your way up and down the field, in and out of traffic. I took numerous hits in traffic and protected the daylights out of the ball.

If every college and pro running back played as wrecklessly as you did (i mean the community, not the op) you would see that many fumbles on Saturdays and Sundays.
Covering the ball in this game = please tackle me while I fall backwards. The risk reward for strip ball on aggressive is not equal or realistic. In real life if you try to strip big tailback on every play you're going to miss almost every single one on one tackle.

Also, lowering your shoulder and getting low in real life IS protecting the ball. If you want to see someone reckless with the ball check out Adrian Peterson. Anyone who thinks fumbles aren't an issue on heisman in this game just doesn't know much about football.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #31
Rookie

Shade Shadows's Arena

OVR: 3

Okay so I was playing a game against USC. The game was tied with 15 or so seconds to go. I set my offense to play totally conservative, then I ran a play to center the ball, making for an easier kick. I snap the ball, the D gets immediate penetration, nails the QB before he can even hand off the ball. He TRIES TO STAY UP, and the D rips the ball away from him. The DE, one of 3 ppl in my backfield, picks it up and runs it all the way to the house. Sigh. Of course, with the 1 second remaining, I returned a kickoff to the house to send the game into OT. Crazy game, but seriously, the fumble was ridiculous.
NBA: Boston Celtics
MLB: SF Giants
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #32
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree

I have labbed every possible combination of teams for my slider project and I have NEVER had 3 fumbles in one of those games, let alone every game.

Also, I just played as FSU hosting Miami and it was a downpour. I had 1 fumble. I expected many.

With 3:30 left in the game I was trying to kill the clock and preserve a 24-22 lead. I knew Miami would be stripping left and right so I protected on every single run. No fumbles. I had to punt and hang on but I didn't fumble.

All my games have been perfect with regard to fumbles. Its a matter of play style.

I'm really getting bored of the people who scream TOO MANY USER FUMBLES or TOO MANY CPU RETURNS. Neither of those things is an issue for someone who understands how football should be played.

People, please stop blaming EA because a 4 yard run isn't enough for you. You want to break every tackle and take it to the house and create a highlight reel on every play.

very well said

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »