Home

NCAA Football 10: An Alternate Take

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: An Alternate Take within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #25
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 10: An Alternate Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
WOW! An objective review of a game where he didn't like the game but didn't said that it was garbage and didn't bash EA.
And didnt hurt anyones feelings..

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
I think a lot of people buy it because they release it so early. EA would never kill their own product but imagine if this & Madden dropped on the same day.
Exactly, that is what NCAA has become. A stop gap. Very dry and boring, but it comes out first. I bet 30%+ of NCAA sales are just people wanting a new football fix only to abanden the game 4 weeks later when Madden comes out. Its a nice little cash cow. They charge the same price for a game that costs a fraction of what Madden costs. It would be like Nike releasing a pair of Air Jordan Juniors a month before the Air Jordans came out that would unravel and become unwearable just in time for the Air Jordan release.

It seems like the NCAA team used to say, "so we have a lesser budget, lets show the world what we can do with it." Now granted there were probably some things that were always off limits which EA wanted to introduce with Madden first. But NCAA always felt fresher on last Gen. It was the better game. I stopped buying Madden in 2004 and haven't bought it since. But for the last 2 or 3 years, I have been longing to play a decent football game again and its just not happening.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
And didnt hurt anyones feelings..
I'm crying on the inside and smiling on the outside.....

Nice read.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #28
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i read mm chris's review. thought it was off but its his editorial so thats ok. My question is what do people expect from video games as of 2009.

i keep seeing people talk about presentation, what is good presentation?

every review i have read about this game NOWHERE does it mention that the cpu plays football... on third and long they try to get the first down aggressively..... NOWHERE .....

now i admit different people like this game for different reasons but PRESENTATION is so subjective what can they really do, for example i want a tailgating mini game, he wants marching bands, my brother wants corso predictions, my cousin wants highlights of impact players, now from this list on any given year someone is going to be upset c'mon....

gameplay is something we can all agree on they need to get that right and this game plays really well if you are not a cheeser online or off.

does it have glitches, which game does not...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #29
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic Doctor
I feel like all of EA's games are lacking in the presentation department and when we call them out and say "the presentation is lacking" EA responds with flashy menus, hyping up Erin Andrews and implementing college bands for the first minute and a half of the game.

Presentation goes much deeper as it is something you experience constantly throughout a game, whether it is during a game, after a game, while I’m in my dynasty screen, wherever part of the game you are in. Presentation is essentially a meter for one to measure a games longevity.

Here's are some presentation ideas.

-I agree that the dynasty should be run through a coach’s perspective similar to College Hoops 2K8

-There has to be more stat overlays during the game. NCAA football 10 has the ability to record all kinds of crazy stats. Stop making us dig up these statistics through menus and display them mostly during games.

- (This is the most frustrating thing of all) Pleeeeeeease use ESPN integration properly. Having access and the ability to use ESPN in your games should be a no brainer when it comes to how you want to use them.

Most people relate to all sports by watching them on TV, specifically ESPN, so why is there a lack of ESPN staples? Here are some ESPN Ideas…

-Weekly top ten plays with videos broken down by ESPN commentators

-Actual ESPN college football writers writing columns throughout the season about events occurring throughout your dynasty

-I should be able to go to sportscenter in my dynasty and view highlights of that weeks games

-After a big upset victory my coach should be invited to ESPN for a phone interview on FIRST TAKE (it’s an early morning ESPN show) or something to that equivalent.

-During the Bowl Championships Jim Rome should do his "Here's what I'm burning on segment" on the Bowl matchups and the superstar players that are involved.

In my opinion, its little things like this that give a game life and longevity. Playing from a coaches perspective in your dynasty and having ESPN integrated properly would make the game so much more enjoyable on so many different levels.
Wow, very good post Logic. The people at EA would probably laugh at these ideas and say "Lol, they really want all of that?! In your dreams!"
Old 07-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
i read mm chris's review. thought it was off but its his editorial so thats ok. My question is what do people expect from video games as of 2009.

i keep seeing people talk about presentation, what is good presentation?

every review i have read about this game NOWHERE does it mention that the cpu plays football... on third and long they try to get the first down aggressively..... NOWHERE .....

now i admit different people like this game for different reasons but PRESENTATION is so subjective what can they really do, for example i want a tailgating mini game, he wants marching bands, my brother wants corso predictions, my cousin wants highlights of impact players, now from this list on any given year someone is going to be upset c'mon....

gameplay is something we can all agree on they need to get that right and this game plays really well if you are not a cheeser online or off.

does it have glitches, which game does not...
The issue is that the game played fine 4 to 6 years ago on the last gen with better presentation.

We should have all the stuff you listed as presentation. We used to have Corso predictions, Impact players warming up, chain gangs, coaches, captains heading to mid field, teams coming out of their tunnels, etc.

Field goals are automatic from 55 yards in. Thats not a good game of football. There are a million warts popping up in the dynasty progression and ease of recruiting. The game was shipped with broken sliders, etc.

All we want is take everything that worked right in the past, give us next gen graphics, and a dynasty and stat engine that progresses realistically. No one here is asking them for a ground breaking new game. We just want a new coat of paint on what used to work just fine.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #31
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

they wont laugh at it, but i think he is not being realistic in his DESIRES

most of what he mentioned i dont even get from espn it take 4-5 networks and deep research on the net by ME to get that type of stuff

tv networks prepare all week to get half of that done c/mon

#18 greatest EVA....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 02:24 PM   #32
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
The issue is that the game played fine 4 to 6 years ago on the last gen with better presentation.

We should have all the stuff you listed as presentation. We used to have Corso predictions, Impact players warming up, chain gangs, coaches, captains heading to mid field, teams coming out of their tunnels, etc.

Field goals are automatic from 55 yards in. Thats not a good game of football. There are a million warts popping up in the dynasty progression and ease of recruiting. The game was shipped with broken sliders, etc.

All we want is take everything that worked right in the past, give us next gen graphics, and a dynasty and stat engine that progresses realistically. No one here is asking them for a ground breaking new game. We just want a new coat of paint on what used to work just fine.
progression: last year it was not enough for some especially the crowd that claimed they had a beast with a 3 star kid who had room to grow they complained he moved maybe 2-3 points not the complaint is vice versa.

game shipping with broken sliders yep thats legit should not happen.... THEY FUMBLED THAT.

corso picks man and tunnel walk to the field i mean do you really need that to get you into the atmosphere to play this game. if gaming is you hobby a marching band is not necessary to pump you up.....

captains on mid field, after seeing 50 teams captains doing the same animation the first 50 games i play c'mon thats old after week one....

recruiting being easy, not everyone is using florida and usc i am using SMU have not seen a 5* singning in year one 3* and down...

this is all subjuctive we could do this all day....

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »