Home

Whats with the psychic defensive linemen?

This is a discussion on Whats with the psychic defensive linemen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31
Whats with the psychic defensive linemen?

Now I'm all for the d line jumping and tipping balls left and right. But man is it me or do these linemen jump at the exact time you press the button to pass? The second or millisecond I press A or X or whatever the defensive tackle begins his animation.

I know this happens in real life for sure but its a last minute deal, the defender puts a hand up as the ball reaches their proximity not as the quarterback decides who's open.

Just saying...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: Whats with the psychic defensive linemen?

through 3 dozen games thus far, i have not seen issues with this. When it does happen to me, it doesnt feel cheap.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Now I'm all for the d line jumping and tipping balls left and right. But man is it me or do these linemen jump at the exact time you press the button to pass? The second or millisecond I press A or X or whatever the defensive tackle begins his animation.

I know this happens in real life for sure but its a last minute deal, the defender puts a hand up as the ball reaches their proximity not as the quarterback decides who's open.

Just saying...
It does seem like they are psychic, but I've batted some balls down myself using the DL. Its all about timing.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

Yeah I'm playing RTG as a Purdue Quarterback, not fun lol, and I notice this alot. Seems obvious, but every time i pass to the check down running back or tightend over the middle, deflected or not, the d line jumps when i think about throwing it.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

Ever hear of throwing lanes? This year's game requires more pocket presence/awareness than past versions. Not trying to play the "I'm awesome and you're a scrub" card, but this happens to me less than once per game. Not an issue at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

i`m glad they did this. Those short pases over the middle were money on last year version
Old 07-20-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILZPWN
Ever hear of throwing lanes? This year's game requires more pocket presence/awareness than past versions. Not trying to play the "I'm awesome and you're a scrub" card, but this happens to me less than once per game. Not an issue at all.
You are playing that card and I know about passing lanes no need to belittle anybody. You ever hear about passing over the oline? no need to get in my face about this
Old 07-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Throwing lanes are great and should be used when available, but offensive linemen are taught to keep D-linemen's hands down. It is on the O-line for not doing their job when a pass gets tipped at the line. Unfortunately with the game, it seems as if D-linemen can always get their hands up whenever they please.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »