Home

Big School vs. Small School

This is a discussion on Big School vs. Small School within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Big School vs. Small School

I've really been wanting to use a small school online this year but as usual everyone uses Florida, OU, Ohio St., USC, etc. so I have not been able to. I finally decided that I would try out a small school no matter what.

I decided to use Memphis and my opponent picked FSU. We were at Doak. The first drive I found out the guy was a cheeser, running straight to a side with his QB and sometimes as far back as he could. I stopped him the first drive and scored on a 53 yd draw play on my drive. I was up for 1 1/2 quaters before he pulled ahead by continuing to screw around with his QB. At the end of the game after my team made some costly turnovers (an the RE out ran my RB and WR for a TD) he begins to try to run up the score by passing for no reason. I ended up losing 17-45 but the game was way closer than that because turnovers while trying to get into the endzone led to his inflated score. He ran the ball a total of 3 times during the game.

I was wondering how many people have tried using a small school against a bigger one and how much success have you had?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Big School vs. Small School

I use my alma mater in Kent State and I'm 2-2 against bigger schools. I've played against Ohio St. twice, Penn State and Alabama. I beat Ohio State once and Alabama with Kent State. Not sure of the circumstances, could of been playing with a noob with Alabama cuz they had a ton of turnovers. Penn State and the Ohio State I lost were big cheesers.

I pride myself in strategic defense...I think if you play the right defense, you can shut down any offense...online that is.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

i always use houston but ive only played 2 games and in both my POS internet lost connection
Old 07-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobalo85
I pride myself in strategic defense...I think if you play the right defense, you can shut down any offense...online that is.
so true. Nothing more satisfying to me than taking a behemoth down with a cupcake school. I usually end up running some form of a cvr 3 to take away the bombs, then it's a matter of guessing what he is gonna do. Tendencies. Once you get a hold of their tendencies and start guessing their plays, those little schools start playing a lot bigger if you're calling the right D. I love when the player is obviously looking at my manual controlled blitz from one side and he runs into a cpu blitz from the other side. Or when one of my 5'8 160 lb CB makes a huge pick to swing the game.

Win or lose... this is the only way to play for me. And you know you've done a good job when, in losing, the opponent finds the need to taunt on the field or thru PSN chat. They only do that when they've been in a tough game and they are happy to win. I always laugh when that happens b/c the Florida States and other big schools of college football should be rolling over cupcake schools, not winning in the 4th qtr. There's no shame in losing when you play a cupcake school vs. top 25.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #5
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by milmont77
so true. Nothing more satisfying to me than taking a behemoth down with a cupcake school. I usually end up running some form of a cvr 3 to take away the bombs, then it's a matter of guessing what he is gonna do. Tendencies. Once you get a hold of their tendencies and start guessing their plays, those little schools start playing a lot bigger if you're calling the right D. I love when the player is obviously looking at my manual controlled blitz from one side and he runs into a cpu blitz from the other side. Or when one of my 5'8 160 lb CB makes a huge pick to swing the game.

Win or lose... this is the only way to play for me. And you know you've done a good job when, in losing, the opponent finds the need to taunt on the field or thru PSN chat. They only do that when they've been in a tough game and they are happy to win. I always laugh when that happens b/c the Florida States and other big schools of college football should be rolling over cupcake schools, not winning in the 4th qtr. There's no shame in losing when you play a cupcake school vs. top 25.
I wish I could have had at least one pick. My defense dropped about 4 pick opportunities. My FS also let 2 big Td's happen on the deep ball because he wasn't paying attention. I can't wait to win one of these games though because I know I will catch someone off gaurd sooner or later haha. I think I'll use Central Michigan next time. Someone will catch the LeFevour.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 11:45 PM   #6
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
I wish I could have had at least one pick. My defense dropped about 4 pick opportunities. My FS also let 2 big Td's happen on the deep ball because he wasn't paying attention. I can't wait to win one of these games though because I know I will catch someone off gaurd sooner or later haha. I think I'll use Central Michigan next time. Someone will catch the LeFevour.
stay with it. it's worth the wait when you bring down a monster. If you get used to playing small (10-15 games) and then go back to use a big school, it's like running without weights. You will dominate if you learn to compete with cupcakes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »