Home

All these RATINGS and Im still NOT seeing the SUBTLE differences between players

This is a discussion on All these RATINGS and Im still NOT seeing the SUBTLE differences between players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 02:45 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: All these RATINGS and Im still NOT seeing the SUBTLE differences between players

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
The ratings are pretty much meaningless in EA games. They have all these attributes that really dont amount to anything. If anything they should just CUT half of them since they are worthless.A completely new take on ratings is desperatly needed.
You couldn't be more WRONG!

Trust me the ratings make a huge difference they just aren't assigned properly. If they were assigned properly you'd see that they do actually work in the game.

Most of that has to do with the fact that EA simply doesn't have enough information to properly rate 4000-5000 collegiate players. There is no way in hell they can differiate if a FR DE for Akron is going to be a finesse pass rusher or power DE. No way in hell can they tell you if that 4th CB for Utah St is going to be a better man defender or zone defender in his collegiate career.

BUT that doesn't mean the RATINGS don't work. It's about how they are utilized and then applied to each player or most of the players.

I hate their default ratings more than the next guy.....but to come on here and say the ratings don't mean much or do anything I've have to jump in and say you are 100% WRONG!

You can actually take the ratings and make a DE in this game a speed rusher and another DE just a run stopper. They allow you to take a RB and make him a power back and another guy a speed back or elusive back simply by knowing which ratings need to apply to each runner in order to make them different.

The the ratings can tweaked to seperate the WR's you can turn them into a Possesion guy, Speed guy or Balanced type player. You want a WR that is physical like a Michael Irvin but lacks deep speed you can actually create a guy in that mode and he'll play that way on the field.

It's very easy to create a scrambler type QB that can only beat you with his feet in this game and vice versa the ratings also allow you to create big strong pocket QB that can pick up blitzes and beat you strictly with his arm and awareness during games.

But hey if you sit around and waite for EA to do it for you then your going to be dissapointed every year because liek I said before they simply don't have the staff to scout 4000-5000 different college atheletes.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-22-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 03:15 AM   #18
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: All these RATINGS and Im still NOT seeing the SUBTLE differences between players

I completely disagree. You can definitely tell the difference. If not, come play me online and use Utah State and I'll use USC.

Youtube
Old 07-22-2009, 04:16 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFudge
Yes thats a good point, when a backup QB is in the game, you can rarely tell the difference in performance from an all star starter....there almost negligible. They really need to either add more meaningful ratings or increase the spectrum of performance results that are affected from the lows to the highs.
I am looking forward to seeing how Madden changes things up. If it works we should see it in NCAA 11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »