Home

Heisman or All American..I Cannot Decide

This is a discussion on Heisman or All American..I Cannot Decide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #17
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Heisman or All American..I Cannot Decide

Heisman is definitely playable. In the past, I always played on Heisman, but with sliders favoring HUM. However, this year I have the sliders pretty much evened out. You'll probably have to lower QB ACC sliders for HUM/CPU (to get realistic comp%), Lower HUM RUN DEF (to get better CPU run game), DO NOT lower HUM/CPU RUN BLK (Keep at 50 or else this will screw up KR).
Old 07-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #18
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4

In the past I've always played on AA, and moved the CPU Sliders up to 100. However, with 08 I started playing on Hesiman, with adjusted sliders and really like it. With this game, it's all about the sliders IMO. Default AA is just way to easy, and on default heisman there is just to much fluff and Bogos plays that go on. You can win games sure, but some of the crap that happens on default is just nonsense.

Thats why I've been messing around with some sliders lately on heisman, and hopefully before long I"ll find a good set that gives me good tough games, without all the fluff. If you can find a good set on heisman, I think your set, But like you said, on default.....it's complete insanity sometimes.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #19
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17

Beefed up varsity plays pretty well
Old 07-22-2009, 01:51 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 7

This has been one of those issues with these games for a long time now. The 3rd highest difficulty is too easy, but, the hardest setting has too big of a cheatin'-stick to make it really fun.

If you want to have fun games without the frustration, but, win all the time against about any team, then All-American for sure.

Conversley, if you want a game to play where every play makes you want to smash your controller in frustration, and, even a 37-7 blowout feels like a tough game. A game where anything can happen, and usually it is not good for you, then, Heisman is the way to go.

For me, Heisman all the way. What can I say, I like the pain.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

As much as I love playing on the hardest difficulty possible I just can't do it on NCAA just yet lol. I run with All American, but it's mainly because of how ******** the defense is on Heisman for me, but the computer's d breaks to the ball before my receiver does.

I usually just wait a little while until I get use to the game and then I switch it to Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 16

Heisman 100000x over is better then AA

I never ever lose on AA regardless of the team I use

Even with the working sliders the game provides no challenge on AA.

Sure you can see a few challenges on some plays from the cpu but i never feel like i am in danger of losing in that level

I can score at will on the cpu defense regardless of the slider set

In Heisman with the working sliders the challenge is there and you can tweak the speed cheat of the cpu a bit

Heisman is incredible this year.

I am always on my toes and cannot get away with throwing into coverage or making dumb moves

I can do that in AA....Is just to simple for a vet of this series

I enjoy losing games because it keeps me wanting more

I think there are those that hate losing but want close games therefore they stick to AA

I dont know how anybody that is decent and above can ever lose more then a game in a row using any team
Old 07-22-2009, 02:50 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFLOutLaw
one thing i realized about the game is that passing the ball on heisman is difficult but what my problem was that i kept backing up on my drop back with my qb and my opponents DL would alwasy break off but i noticed if you let qb do its dropp back and dont move the joystick the OL always forms a pocket and a GOOD pocket so it give you more time to read the def and make a pass. my only thing now is judging when i should throw a lob or bullet pass. I can run all i want on Heisman without a problem i average 130-160 yards a carry.
wow 160 yds a carry must b a record
Old 07-22-2009, 03:32 PM   #24
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

Just like most games... If you start out on the most difficult setting you learn the game a little better...
Heisman here...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »