Home

Is anyone else just really bad at this game?

This is a discussion on Is anyone else just really bad at this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 03:31 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is anyone else just really bad at this game?

i was really mediocre at this game, and then the patch came.....
Old 07-23-2009, 04:09 AM   #18
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't downloaded the patch yet so I dunno what, if any, effects that will have on my game...

But I've been playing on AA and so far i've only lost like 3 games since I bought it on release. I've been playing a dynasty with BSU and trying to improve their weak schedule every year by adding 3-4 ranked teams to their non-conference schedule. And most of them I've been able to beat (some of the games going down to the wire in 4th quarter or OT) And i've lost games on my RTG but thats a different story seeing as I don't have control of playcalling or any of the other players. But I've been able to consistently run for 100+ yards (usually 150+) on my RTG and even in my dynasty i've been able to run really well with the BSU RB (who's only like an 87 or something) so I haven't had any tough times running the ball even on All-American. I'm a little scared to try heisman lol. But I might have to.

One thing I've had problems with which I never have had in any football game, is playing defense against the CPU. Usually in madden or ncaa I can pretty much stop the CPU team unless they go into robo QB mode. In this game, the CPU has been able to maintain a consistent offense against me.

All in all though, I have to say the computer AI is much improved from past versions
Old 07-23-2009, 04:22 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I'm not getting that feeling this year. **** seems balanced to me.

Believe me, I know when the comp is trying to cheat, I've went through it just as everyone else has pretty much every EA football game BEFORE NCAA10. This one actually plays out pretty well. Especially with the fixed sliders

Oh i partly agree, but i've seen clear times it was cheating in my exp.
Old 07-23-2009, 05:06 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Anyone else notice the super robo qb when the robot dodges a sack? Its ridiculous
Old 07-23-2009, 05:25 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

The game is much more difficult. I used to put up scores of over 100 on Heisman in 09 playing 7-8 minute quarters. I still rarely shut out anyone.

This year I find offense is much more difficult, the CPU seems to read your play calling very well, especially if you dont mix up your play calling, and run different plays out of the same formation. You really have to use set up plays this year. You may have to play it really conservative for a series or two before you can really open up your offense. Set them up run up the middle out of the same formation like 5 times, then pull out the playaction pass from the same formation.

But with increased difficulty on offense, I find defense much easier in 10. You can actually separate the ball from the receiver now with a big hit. Hitting the qb as he throws the ball actually has effect on the pass now. (nothing I hated worse then in 09 when you were slamming into the qb as he was throwing the ball and he still thows the ball on the line 20 yards down field to a covered receiver for a catch). I do find however that tackling is a little more tricky, players seem less likely to go down on first contact.

Anyhow. I love the challenge, I have not lost yet in my Dynasty but really have not got into the heart of the schedule yet. Had 2 last drive victories, which were fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 05:58 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
Anyone else notice the super robo qb when the robot dodges a sack? Its ridiculous
I thought it was just me
Old 07-23-2009, 07:39 AM   #23
Rookie

tackle74's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes overall I find this year much more of a challenge. On offense with Mizzou I cannot get a receiver behind a defender no matter how setup a play is. Also my big plays are way down. My 1st year and a half in dynasty I have actual had 2 losses. That though is a good thing as it got boring never losing the past 7 years or so in dynasty.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
AKA the computer cheeses nonstop.
Running a play you can't stop is cheese?

The line between smart and cheese is mighty thin around here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »