Home

QB Protection

This is a discussion on QB Protection within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 02:50 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: QB Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Try to set up a progression. Know who you will throw too if the D blitzes. Watch the LB's then safeties. You really have to know the routes. I'm having fun with the passing game.
people dont like to think when theyre playing video games! heaven forbid!
all jokes aside i think you're spot on
43 Conference Championships
3 Heisman Winners
106 All-Americans
on going NCAA Record 304 Consecutive Sellouts
There is No Place Like Nebraska

Old 07-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memberz_09
Is it just me or every time I get ready to through the ball I either get sacked or hurried causing me to either throw a pick or incompletion. Against San Jose State they kept on getting to Corp causing stats like 9-23 120yds 0td 1int. It was like easy for them to get to me. Anyone else having this problem!?
ive learned not to continue to drop back after the cpu finishes the drop back made for the play your oline WILL block for you, you go to trust them

DO or DO NOT there is no TRY!
Old 07-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 20

I've noticed that too, but I've upped the pass blocking slider and lowered the rush defense slider for the CPU.

Everytime the CPU sends a blitz, I don't even bother trying. I know it's going to be a sack or an INT if I try to throw. But the CPU picks up my blitzes with ease all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 10:01 AM   #12
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
I've noticed that too, but I've upped the pass blocking slider and lowered the rush defense slider for the CPU.

Everytime the CPU sends a blitz, I don't even bother trying. I know it's going to be a sack or an INT if I try to throw. But the CPU picks up my blitzes with ease all the time.
That's ridiculous.

If the CPU blitzes, someone is open. Dump it to the back. The LB responsibility is usually the RB. If the LB is blitzing, dump it!

Here is a way to approach it: assume the CPU will blitz every single play. Watch the LB. If they blitz, you are money, should be a good 5-10 yard gain easy.

If he doesn't blitz, sit back, trust your OL and go through your progressions. These should be in your mind immediately after you see the LB going into coverage.

Watch Texas Tech football. You will learn to diagnose passing situations very quickly
Old 07-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
That's ridiculous.

If the CPU blitzes, someone is open. Dump it to the back. The LB responsibility is usually the RB. If the LB is blitzing, dump it!

Here is a way to approach it: assume the CPU will blitz every single play. Watch the LB. If they blitz, you are money, should be a good 5-10 yard gain easy.

If he doesn't blitz, sit back, trust your OL and go through your progressions. These should be in your mind immediately after you see the LB going into coverage.

Watch Texas Tech football. You will learn to diagnose passing situations very quickly
Or...the safety is covering the running back in which case its a safe 5 yard gain.

If its a zone and he sends a heavy blitz, its very unlikely the flats are guarded. But generally, the first two places you look in a blitz is to the TE over the middle (if all LBs blitz), or the RB in the flats.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 13

Try watching a real-life game. Seriously. The QBs there are dealing with the same stuff you are in the game. Watch how they handle it, and do that (some of which has already been covered herein -- stepping up in the pocket, dumping the ball to a back, etc.).

Also, run a screen once in a while to keep them from bringing the house every time. You can really burn the CPU from time to time on this (and it'll burn you too).

I'm loving this game. It may look at first glance like 09 repackaged, but there are so many subtle differences it really is a fresh game.
Old 07-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1

The only problem I ever seem to have with QB protection is during play action. I get sacked 80% of the time during PA. I use Troy, though, and my o-line isn't very good.

Otherwise, the previous posts have been pretty spot on. Use coach's cam to take a look at the field. If you know LB's are blitzing, audible a RB to the flats or a TE through the middle. If you know a corner's coming, audible a comeback route with the receiver that's open (and one will be open) and hit him right away.

Look to scramble, too. A LB blitz up the middle allows an easy scramble for 5 yards to the outside. If the LB's are blitzing from the outside, scramble up the middle for large gains (10-15 yards). My QB is balanced and can still scramble for pretty solid gains if I read the blitz correctly.

PSN: zensooni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #16
Rookie

The passing game just might be the most accurate aspect of the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »