Home

QB Protection

This is a discussion on QB Protection within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #17
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: QB Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFLOutLaw
ive learned not to continue to drop back after the cpu finishes the drop back made for the play your oline WILL block for you, you go to trust them
You have to use the pocket, be prepared if you see a blitz to get it out to yyour hot read receiver. You have to mix plays up, take advantage of obvious blitzes by hot routing receivers into voids.

Oh, and it helps to max out the pass bllocking slider. )
Old 07-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #18
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfc415
The passing game just might be the most accurate aspect of the game
I agree. I took my first loss in my Bama offline Dynasty last night.

I was playing against Tennessee. I don't know if it was because I was playing a rivalry game or what but, they got after me all game long. The final score was 17-11. I couldn't even manage scoring a TD (3 FG's and 1 safety). The bad thing was that I was leading 11-3 going into the 4th quarter and they came back to beat me in the final 3-4 minutes.

My QB's completion % was around 38%. Which was fine because it had been around 60%. Oh and BTW, I'm playing on Heisman with Phillyfan23's slider's.

I'm having a great time with the game and I can't wait to get home and put a beat down on LSU tonight!!

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
Try watching a real-life game. Seriously. The QBs there are dealing with the same stuff you are in the game. Watch how they handle it, and do that (some of which has already been covered herein -- stepping up in the pocket, dumping the ball to a back, etc.).
True, but in real life o-lines do a much better job handling blitzes than they do in the game. In the last 3 installments of this game, including 10, very rarely have I seen the human controlled o-line successfully pick up a blitz, it usually just turns into a jail break for the QB. Of course, the AI-controlled o-line has much better success picking up blitzes, including the hot blitzes coming off the corner. I have always thought since the AI, in the NCAA Franchise, is not very football savvy, it uses sacks and turnovers to balance out the game play.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFLOutLaw
ive learned not to continue to drop back after the cpu finishes the drop back made for the play your oline WILL block for you, you go to trust them
I do the same thing, and I totally agree. It also helps to step up into the pocket. If they're blitzing, feel where it's coming from and know your outs. Also, don't key on one receiver. A lot of times you'll try to hit one guy because you want to pad his stats or something....it's ok, im guilty of this too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »