Home

Everyone do me a quick favor... Re: Game Intro's

This is a discussion on Everyone do me a quick favor... Re: Game Intro's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which video is a better option for NCAA games?
The first video is awesome. Marching band all the way! 2 3.85%
The second video is awesome. Player intros are so dynamic! 42 80.77%
I don't care either way, let me skip all of it and play. 8 15.38%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Everyone do me a quick favor... Re: Game Intro's

I'm not worried about losing gameplay in sacrifice of teams entering the field, I really don't think that's what it's about.

But I will say, I wish people would stop saying they "took things out" of the game. You can't just compare the last gen to this gen equally like that. They rebuilt the game when they moved to the current gen, it was basically a different game. Now obviously some would say that was a dumb move since I think just now the games are getting back to a reasonable level when compared to the latest last gen games, but it's not simply they said, "Oh, we're in next gen now, let's take out all these features we had just cause."

That said, it's been far too long since they've been missing IMO. I would have thought by now they would have put some of those things back in. I can't say I'm not disappointed in that fact. This is the first NCAA I think I can say really hit the mark finally again as far as gameplay (with still obvious flaws no doubt, but overall it's pretty good). I think 2011 needs to be a year when they still make some fixes in the gameplay department, (like fix some of the warping and physics issues) but REALLY put a focus on presentation and TRULY creating that atmosphere that gets you hyped for college football, starting from pregame all the way through until you hit the menu screen after the game.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

There's nothing saying it has to be either/or.

A little bit of marching band followed by team entrances would be awesome.

Actually, the marching band thing should be a halftime thing more than a pregame thing. That's when the bulk of the marching band takes place in real life.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:05 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks
I'm not worried about losing gameplay in sacrifice of teams entering the field, I really don't think that's what it's about.

But I will say, I wish people would stop saying they "took things out" of the game. You can't just compare the last gen to this gen equally like that. They rebuilt the game when they moved to the current gen, it was basically a different game. Now obviously some would say that was a dumb move since I think just now the games are getting back to a reasonable level when compared to the latest last gen games, but it's not simply they said, "Oh, we're in next gen now, let's take out all these features we had just cause."

That said, it's been far too long since they've been missing IMO. I would have thought by now they would have put some of those things back in. I can't say I'm not disappointed in that fact. This is the first NCAA I think I can say really hit the mark finally again as far as gameplay (with still obvious flaws no doubt, but overall it's pretty good). I think 2011 needs to be a year when they still make some fixes in the gameplay department, (like fix some of the warping and physics issues) but REALLY put a focus on presentation and TRULY creating that atmosphere that gets you hyped for college football, starting from pregame all the way through until you hit the menu screen after the game.
I realize they had to switch over so much stuff from the last gen, and had to start fresh, but the marching band is a NEW feature this year... and I'm wondering why the crap they wouldn't have added the player intro instead? I mean it's obvious they wanted to add something to the pre-game... all I'm saying is, they added the wrong thing, because that marching band is terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by markees007
I also miss picking your own touchdown celebrations.
I forgot about those....by the way nice Avatar! Go Indians!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »