Home

Recruiting mayhem!!!

This is a discussion on Recruiting mayhem!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 06:41 AM   #1
Banned

SeminoleWAY's Arena

OVR: 6
Recruiting mayhem!!!

Ok, I'm FSU in my dynasty and I just beat WV in the Orange bowl, was 11-1 and finished #3 in the country. Just signed the #1 recruiting class with 7 5*, 14* and so on, well, when I get to pre-season recruiting....OMG!! Out of the top 15, 14 are interested in FSU and at least 10 has FSU #1 right out of the gate. I've never, NEVER had this happen before in any NCAA. This just blew my mind when I looked at it.

Just passing it along....crazy tho!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 07:18 AM   #2
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Recruiting mayhem!!!

Exactly why i just let the ai do all my recruiting. It's broken imo. way too easy to load your team up. Besides, the rogresson is pretty screwed up too, so a 3 star player will be like a 5 star play within 3 years. I just sey the type of players I want, and set each position to high, medium, or low, and don't even bother to look at the board the rest of the season. Who I get is who I get. Keeps it more realistic, and more of a challenge. I wish they would make it like College Hoops 2k8 did. That was alot more challenging to recruit than any NCAA football game I've ever seen.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity120
Exactly why i just let the ai do all my recruiting. It's broken imo. way too easy to load your team up. Besides, the rogresson is pretty screwed up too, so a 3 star player will be like a 5 star play within 3 years. I just sey the type of players I want, and set each position to high, medium, or low, and don't even bother to look at the board the rest of the season. Who I get is who I get. Keeps it more realistic, and more of a challenge. I wish they would make it like College Hoops 2k8 did. That was alot more challenging to recruit than any NCAA football game I've ever seen.
lol imma still recruit cause its my favorite part of NCAA but i am doing an online dynasty with ND (6 star coach prestige) and i signed 15 5 star recruits it got to the point where i had to look and see if i had enough scholarship to hand out to the players that was interested and also good!

DO or DO NOT there is no TRY!
Old 07-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #4
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

IM playing with Nebraska right now in an OD... We are going into the last week of regular season and so far Ive recruited 4 5* and 1 4*.... Ive just never had this many 5* commit so early before its kind of wild... The nice thing about this game though, is that even though progressions are screwy, you still wont dominate... Overall ratings dont seem to be a big issue as much as the other stats...AWR, SPD, BreakTackle etc...
Old 07-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

the most 5* ive signed in an ncaa game was 21 back in 09. having more trouble this year however, ive only signed 1 recruit so far and it was a 2* MLB. I am using Appalachain State though, that may be why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleWAY
Ok, I'm FSU in my dynasty and I just beat WV in the Orange bowl, was 11-1 and finished #3 in the country. Just signed the #1 recruiting class with 7 5*, 14* and so on, well, when I get to pre-season recruiting....OMG!! Out of the top 15, 14 are interested in FSU and at least 10 has FSU #1 right out of the gate. I've never, NEVER had this happen before in any NCAA. This just blew my mind when I looked at it.

Stop offering them SUVs and AMEX Black cards!

:-P
Old 07-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #7
Rookie

marxshut's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleWAY

You'll have to forfeit all the games you win with those kids after they take "fingerpainting 101"... - as an online course
Old 07-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #8
six
Banned

College Hoops 2k8 wasn't that difficult for me. I just recruited the 5 star foreigner kids...no one ever could beat me out for them, and I targeted 4 of the top 10 players in America and usually signed atleast 2 of them and added a couple of 4 stars each year.

Then again, I was playing as Kentucky so that's to be expected. I would imagine with an average team with average prestige it was alot tougher to get the big name players.

I am in my second year at Kentucky on this football game and I have 35 prospects in the top 400 interested in me. This after only signing like 5 3 stars the first year...but I did go 12-1 and lose in the national championship game my first year so maybe that's why I'm seeing increased interest, and I do play in the SEC, who who knows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »