Home

Bump and Run

This is a discussion on Bump and Run within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:37 PM   #9
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Bump and Run

The difference between college and pro is that in college, you can bump a receiver as long as the ball isn't in the air. There is no yardage rule in college. In the NFL, you can't breathe on anyone past five yards. I like the college rules much better as a general rule in every way. The NFL has changed its rules to compensate for unimaginative anemic offenses.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 38

"In college and pros the defender may make contact with receiver within the first five yards of the line of scrimmage. Anything after that is penalized as illegal contact. Pass interference is called if the defensive player contacts the offensive player while he is trying to catch the pass. Inadvertent contact, though, is not penalized.

In high school the defender may make contact with the receiver as long as the ball has not left the hands of the quarterback."

From Wikipedia
Old 07-24-2009, 06:47 PM   #11
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I seem to have the opposite problem. I call bump and run and the receivers get off the line, leaving my corners in the dust for a wide open catch.
I'm guessing Baylor's corners have terrible ratings for press coverage then. That defense needs an overhaul imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »