Home

Getting sacked on running plays

This is a discussion on Getting sacked on running plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Getting sacked on running plays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
We've got some tuning in Patch #2 for lead blockers and pulling linemen.
Can I also suggest a little more vertical passing randomness in the interaction (and who ultimately ends up with the ball, or whether it's incomplete) between DBs and WRs? I certainly don't want receivers catching deep balls in 1 on 1 coverage every time, but (speaking mostly of online, but AA and especially Heisman single player as well) it seems like it doesn't matter if your receiver is 1 on 1 with a linebacker, a deep route never works in man coverage unless it's a corner route. Whether I throw a touch pass, a dart or somewhere in between, the only way I catch it on a streak or a deep post is if I user catch it.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoNgViEw88
Whats wrong with the fumbles?
Uhhh...having 5-6 a game on average is what's wrong.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #11
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTII
wow, what are you doing to fumble the ball? are you using aggressive gameplan on offense? not covering up the ball while in traffic?

on average, according to my user stats, is that I'm averaging .4 fumbles a game, CPU .6 fumbles a game.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2009, 08:37 PM   #12
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
wow, what are you doing to fumble the ball? are you using aggressive gameplan on offense? not covering up the ball while in traffic?

on average, according to my user stats, is that I'm averaging .4 fumbles a game, CPU .6 fumbles a game.
I 2nd this. No problem what so ever with fumbles, online, in dynasty, anywhere.

Now, I think that the strategies should be tweaked a bit:

1. Option Defense - Playing online, my guys never play the pitch man. I haven't noticed a change with this setting, but playing guys online, everyone converges on the QB regardless, leaving the RB open for the pitch. Actually, I just thought of this, maybe it's programed backwards, I've never thought of trying the opposite setting, but regardless, it doesn't work like it's supposed to.

2. Aggressive Tackling and Stripping: We should see more missed/broken tackles than I currently see. I see them try to strip the ball seemingly every other tackle (granted it's only as effective as it should be, which is slightly more than normal) but it seems like even when the defender is attempting to strip me, I hardly ever break out of the tackle (and I do use the stick and B to try to break loose). Also, turn down the facemasks a lot. Make the penalty be broken tackles and only a slight increase in facemasks. For big hits, I realize it's probably too late to add this, but more attempts at big hits that miss, or jukes much more effective as the D goes for a big hit.

3. Big Run - I never use it because it seems like as soon as I do, 2 to 3 plays later I fumble. Maybe it's only intended for when you are desperate for a big play, but then, in that situation, don't you pass?

Overall I'm really enjoying the gampeplay, so these aren't the random rants of someone who hates everything. These are just some areas I've noticed that bug me.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architekto
Run comit is way overpowered this year, I have seen people use it successfuly with quarters defense against power running formations
Tell me about it
Old 07-23-2009, 09:04 PM   #14
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTII
can't have the run ball strategy on aggressive. Have it on conservative or normal and you wont fumble so much. The strategy thing is just what i thought it would be. I was skeptic about it when i first heard news about it and when you have things on aggressive it gets out of hand. On defense if you have strip ball on aggressive then you get a lot of facemask penalties.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:43 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
can't have the run ball strategy on aggressive. Have it on conservative or normal and you wont fumble so much. The strategy thing is just what i thought it would be. I was skeptic about it when i first heard news about it and when you have things on aggressive it gets out of hand. On defense if you have strip ball on aggressive then you get a lot of facemask penalties.
I play strictly on heisman, and the fumbles are out of control. The only way for it not to happen constantly is for the defense to be on conservative for stripping. It's idiotic to expect me to be on conservative run AND cover the ball every play. Sorry guys, that's not real football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 04:19 AM   #16
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
We've got some tuning in Patch #2 for lead blockers and pulling linemen.
The best news I've heard in a long time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »