Home

Greatest Comeback Victory?

This is a discussion on Greatest Comeback Victory? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 11:50 AM   #17
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Greatest Comeback Victory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Sam99
So that first comeback was the opener in Atlanta right?

I wonder if they worked on giving the CPU some guts in this year's game b/c Ive had three games in my dynasty (starting out as North Texas) where I've been up by atleast 2 TDs and have lost in OT or been shut out in the 2nd half. Sucks but I'm sorta glad b/c used to be 2 TD lead= a win
No, in NCAA10 the opening game was in T-Town. Kinda sucks but at least we got an extra home game.

I've been playing on Hesiman this year with Phillyfan's slider's and all of my games have been fairly close. Well, excluding FIU & North Texas. It great because I never feel safe until the game is over.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 07-24-2009, 12:24 PM   #18
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

This was last year in the very first game of my friend's OD. Rivalry game SMU(me) at Rice(HMN). Alright, obviously not an even match up and as a result I was down 21-3 at half not playing very well. He gets the ball at half too. His first drive he comes at me spreading the ball around, thankfully I held him to 3. 24-3. I run a kickoff back. 24-10. On his next drive the very first play I bring the pressure and force a pick. I do the un-June Jones SMU thing and run the ball on this 30 some yard drive scoring on an option play. 24-17. There's like 4 minutes left in the 4th at this point. He makes a short 1 minute drive or so and puts up another field goal. 27-17. I get a big return and am at midfield to start. He stuffs me the first three downs. 4th down I have to go for it I hit my slot on a deep post for a big 30 yard gain. Mixing it up I run a counter breaking a tackle in the backfield and end up getting to the corner and find the endzone. 27-24. I believe about 2 minutes left. I kick it deep he runs it out to about the 40. He runs 5 straight plays getting a first and burning my time outs. 4th and 5 at about the my 45 with maybe a minute left. He wants to end it here and he goes for it. He runs an option which i read beautifully dive with my LB breaking up the pitch. FUMBLE. My SS comes in picking the ball up running it back 50 yards for a touchdown.

31-27 SMU final.

BTW I'm proud of this stat --- Jarret Dillard 3 CAT's 27 yds 0TD's
Old 07-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #19
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5

Best comeback Ive had was actually yesterday. I was playing with Nebraska against another user who was Texas, and I was playing in Texas. Got down 21-0 in the first qtr. Scored on my next possesion 21-7... Then 20 seconds before half this guy was trying to go deep, so I called a contain and pummeled McCoy and forced a fumble which was ran back into the endzone by Phillip Dillard to end the half..21-14 I got the ball back at half and we punted back and forth a few times until finally i picked him off and only had about 20 yards to score. 21-21... I score again 28-21 and he scores 28-28... then with 2 min left i drive downfield running the ball and get to his 30... he has one timeout... its 2nd & 4 with 15 seconds left... i called FG.... he calls TO to ice me... haha, I kneel the ball to 3rd & 4... call a TO at 3 seconds and kick FTW...
Old 07-24-2009, 12:33 PM   #20
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

It had to be the game I had last year in an offline dynasty with UNC. I'm down 21 to Nebraska going into the 4th quarter. A couple quick scores by me make it 28-21. They start driving on me with about 3:20 to go. Clock gets down to about 1 minute and I force them to kick a field goal. AMAZINGLY, the computer misses a field goal. I drive down the field and score with 3 seconds to go to tie it. Squib the kickoff, overtime. The first 5 overtimes, we trade scores. The 6th, I score, fail on the 2 point conversion. I flip out, thinking I lost. I stuff them on the run the first play, -2 yards. 2nd play, incomplete pass. 3rd play, they throw a pass. I user control my safety and jump the route, picking it off. I jumped out of my chair and ran around yelling.

You would have heard my OD National Championship game as Virginia Tech where I tied it as time expired, but I got owned in overtime.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:39 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 14

I almost had a comeback victory. In my BC dynasty, and it's week three against #22 Clemson, at Clemson of course. So everyone is freaking out and I just cannot complete a pass to save my life. They go up 20-0 by the second quarter, but I decide to just start forcing passes and am able to make it close enough to kick a field goal to end the half 20-3.

Thankfully, I get the ball back to start the third, and am able to march down the field through the air (with David Shinskie, no less) and get to 20-10. Clemson ball, and they advance a bit, but I am able to force and finally recover a fumble. March down the field again, 20-17. Very close, but Clemson is able to get another touchdown to close out the third quarter, 27-17.

So now its getting close to desperation in the 4th, and again Shinskie marches down the field and gets another TD, 27-24. Continuing to cut it close, but on the next kickoff Clemson gets it to my 30 yard line. Again, another TD, 34-24. We get the ball with three minutes to go, march down the field yet again, and bring it 34-31. However, this next time, we are finally able to stop Clemson with two sacks of the QB. 1:30 on the clock, and 90 yards to go downfield. 1st down, incomplete. 2nd down incomplete. 3rd down, get 6, but not enough. 4th down, need to get a pass, and get it to the TE. New set of downs. Shinskie finally gets into a rhythm and begins getting downfield again. 1st down on the 20 with 10 seconds left to go, and Shinskie draws back to pass, only to get sacked for a loss. 4 seconds left, last TO taken, field goal made, it's 34-34, and we're going to overtime.

Now we're in trouble. First possession, Clemson scores a TD in five seconds on a run. I cannot stop CJ Spiller to save my life. So, when I then score to make it 41-40, I decide to go for the win. It went really well...if you root for Clemson, cause the intercepted my pass to the RB, and took it back for a 2 point score, to end the game 43-40.

So moral of the story is kids, don't go for stupid two-point conversions
Go STL Rams...please don't get Sam Bradford killed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #22
Rookie

dabigman9748's Arena

OVR: 7

Mine would have to be California vs Oregon State, I was down 38-7 at halftime. This was in NCAA 09 campus legend mode. My player was a running back and so I had no control over the defense but they were doing horrible. I ended up scoring on a couple of long drives and from there everything fell in place. I won 49-38. Good times, Good times
Old 07-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Happened last night in my Michigan dynasty

I was down 21 - 17 to Michigan State at Spartan Stadium with 1:43 left in the game. I had the ball at my own 18 yard line. Mixing run and pass I move the ball to their 45 with 27 seconds left in the game. Realizing I can't keep relying on short passes and runs(my entire offense) I run a play action and go deep to Greg Mathews who catches it and is pushed out at the 2.

Down by 4 with 20 seconds left and I have first and goal from the 2 with two timeouts left.

First down- run a toss play to the outside and Brandon Minor is brought down for no gain.

Second down- Run a fb dive and Moundros is tackles at the one.

Now I have burnt both timeouts and there is 9 seconds on the clock... Do I run knowing if I don't get in the game is over or do I go to the air to give myself 2 chances?

3rd down - Forcier fakes the handoff to Minor and rolls out to the left, where He sees an open Kevin Koger in the corner of the endzone... TOUCHDOWN MICHIGAN
Old 07-24-2009, 01:11 PM   #24
Rookie

ace3's Arena

OVR: 3

my biggest comback happened was online it was auburn(me) vs Texas a&m (user) he pretty much shutdown my offense down 21-9 i manage score before the end of the 3rd qrt so it's 21-16, i manage get a stop with around 1:10 left so drive down to the endzone with around 30 seconds left but he stops me on all three downs so it comes down to 4th down with 5 seconds left so i had go endzone i throw it up to Billings and he catches right as time expires!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »