Home

Any word on patch #2???

This is a discussion on Any word on patch #2??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 12:53 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: Any word on patch #2???

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
As much as I love this game I would really love to see the BULL S*IT of the average QB turning into an NFL Pro Bowler in the last two minutes!

Here's just ONE example:

I am having my way with GA Tech in Atlanta with Clemson in my dynasty. Through 3.5 quarters I'm leading 22-10. Up to this point, I have 3 sacks, 11 hurries, and 5 knockdowns. Outside of having a bit of a problem with the Flexbone, GT has done nothing. Especially through the air.

Well, after taking the 22-10 lead, Nesbitt who was 5 for 13 passing all day turns into Joe Montana.

After the kick off, Nesbitt goes 4-5 and GT is in the end zone in 5 plays from 70 yards out. 22-17. No problem. A couple of first downs and I end it.

On the next possession I make one first down but the drive stalls. No problem as the punt goes out of bounds at the 10 yard line. 1:43 left and 1 TO for GT. Nesbitt takes GT down the field by going 3-3 and getting the Jackets in the end zone in 4 plays! The drop back and throw strikes 30 yards downfield in .00005 seconds s*it. We've ALL seen it.

Dear EA, stop with this CRAP! We know it's in there and you know it's in there.

Same thing happened when I used Miami against FSU. Ponder all of the sudden became John Elway. It always...ALWAYS happens in the last two minutes of the game and half.
Very, very true. It is a bit ridiculous.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:32 AM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 3

My biggest gripe is the playclock...you get out of bounds and unless their is 5 mins or less in the quarter, the clock keeps ticking...if you get a first down however clock stops, not until they move the chains, but rather untill you snap the ball...sorry don't get me wrong, I love the game, but all this patching crap is getting out of hand...seems like they reelase a half finished product and then try and finish up after everyone buys it...and I'm surprised with the way our court system is, no one has taken ea sports to court for false info..."if its in the game...um well its ...(chirp chirp)"
Old 07-26-2009, 01:59 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 2

The game needs to be slown down esp. when comp. has possesion. I'm tired of 12 play drives that take 1:45. A game speed slider would be fantastic. Maybe next year since Madden 10 seems to be slowing things down to a realistic pace. I want 15 min. qtrs.!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 06:55 AM   #76
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Adam,

Please look into the Human Run defense slider. On Heisman, I lower it all the way down and the AI sinply cannot run against me. 20 carries for 20 yards, etc with better teams.

If you bump up the AI Run Block, they take too many kick offs to the house because the blocks are too effective. Thanks.
You can't get them to run well on Heisman fist? In my limited time with the game, the cpu could run very well on AA if I lowered my human run defense to 0. I gave up 300 yards to one back in one game on AA (embarrassed to say that and I did not play well either blowing a few big tackles).

I never tried Heisman this year but I do know they didn't run well on Heisman last year and that the difficulty levels only seemed to affect the cpu passing game in '09 rather than the running game. Maybe the same is true for '10? Heck, I think you could make the cpu running game the toughest on Varsity last year.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #77
MattUMD224

OVR:

i give mid-october til working dynasty to come out in a patch

Old 07-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #78
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
As much as I love this game I would really love to see the BULL S*IT of the average QB turning into an NFL Pro Bowler in the last two minutes removed!

Here's just ONE example:

I am having my way with GA Tech in Atlanta with Clemson in my dynasty. Through 3.5 quarters I'm leading 22-10. Up to this point, I have 3 sacks, 11 hurries, and 5 knockdowns. Outside of having a bit of a problem with the Flexbone, GT has done nothing. Especially through the air.

Well, after taking the 22-10 lead, Nesbitt who was 5 for 13 passing all day turns into Joe Montana.

After the kick off, Nesbitt goes 4-5 and GT is in the end zone in 5 plays from 70 yards out. 22-17. No problem. A couple of first downs and I end it.

On the next possession I make one first down but the drive stalls. No problem as the punt goes out of bounds at the 10 yard line. 1:43 left and 1 TO for GT. Nesbitt takes GT down the field by going 3-3 and getting the Jackets in the end zone in 4 plays! The drop back and throw strikes 30 yards downfield in .00005 seconds s*it. We've ALL seen it.

Dear EA, stop with this CRAP! We know it's in there and you know it's in there.

Same thing happened when I used Miami against FSU. Ponder all of the sudden became John Elway. It always...ALWAYS happens in the last two minutes of the game and half.
Ah the good ole comeback AI, makes it in every year....BLAH!!!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:53 PM   #79
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Ah the good ole comeback AI, makes it in every year....BLAH!!!!!
I wanted to stop short of calling it comeback AI. I do think it exists to a point, but, I have won my fair share of close games. This CPU QB nonsense at the end of the half and game is a bit over the top.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 5

I hope they take there time in coming out with the patch. I dont want them to rush all these patches out and miss important things.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »