Home

Any word on patch #2???

This is a discussion on Any word on patch #2??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #65
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Any word on patch #2???

Quote:
Originally Posted by joehoo
4-5 weeks? great.

How does this stuff that needs to be patched slip thru the cracks? do the people that play this before the release not catch this. I hate to say this but if EA really cared about the consumer they would not put up with the NCAA team. I know if the company I worked for put me in charge of something and I sh!t the bed this bad, the house would be cleaned!!!!!!!!! how many years does EA need to get this right? Its been crap since next gen started.

but hey thanks for trying, but sometimes trying isnt good enough. Im not a EA fan boy, and Im not going to thank OMT for coming in here and telling us a patch is in the works. He should be coming on this forum and apologizing to all the people who spent their money on this game.

Why wont you tell us whats going to be addressed in the patch? Whats the big deal? Im sure the more information you share with us would lead to the community pitching in a helping.

Sorry....... Just the way I feel.
Im with ya mah man, I've been questioning how any of those guys still have a job for the longest. It's gotten ridiculous imo, and then they get mad when we voice our displeasure. Well...if I worked at McDonald's and served you a #1 with cold fries, and no toppings on the sandwhich you would be pissed to, especially as a paying customer!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 11:37 PM   #66
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

OVR: 2

Adam,

Appreciate the work. If we are into the dynasty when this patch is released will we need to restart the dynasty or will the currently dyansty work with the new patch?

Thanks
Old 07-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #67
Rookie

MMMonty's Arena

OVR: 6

Adam,

Thanks for checking in. I have to respect you for stepping into the spotlight and taking bullets from the OS forum members. A lesser man would have crawled into a dark shadow with a bullet proof vest and a hard hat. Thanks!!!
Old 07-25-2009, 11:52 PM   #68
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

OVR: 2

Since we're on the topic of patchable issues. Does acceleration work properly this year? Seems like that after a catch or off the ball they do not accelerate that quickly as they should.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:11 AM   #69
Banned

cornstarch's Arena

OVR: 3

Yeah, this wont be NEARLY as bad if the changes can affect an on-going dynasty. I haven't started one yet, but it'd be a great relief knowing even if we finish a year or so, the progression will just be fixed soon. I know I'm not gonna even come close to finishing 4 or more years in a month's time. One most likely, two MAYBE. Even then...it won't matter that people got a boost in just 2 offseasons.

Adam, pleassssse say it won't require a restart. Usually they don't from the past patches, so I'm hopeful...
Old 07-26-2009, 12:36 AM   #70
Rookie

joehoo's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye cntry
Adam,

Appreciate the work. If we are into the dynasty when this patch is released will we need to restart the dynasty or will the currently dyansty work with the new patch?

Thanks

and we still have people thanking EA. My god. What work is being done?!?!?!?!?! these guys have a year to put together a game. Please stop thanking them, they would not be thanking you if the shoe was on the other foot!!!!!

imagine if you put a product out after years of using the same engine, would you still have a job?
Old 07-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #71
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7

I've postponed my dynasty until the patch comes out. I've only played a few games I'll just start it over later. No biggie. I'm having alot of fun with Teambuilder right now anyway. Plus if it takes weeks to get the patch I'll play some Madden or NCAA 09 until then. I usually don't finish a dynasty until the end of the real season anyway.

I know it might suck for others waiting for the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 12:47 AM   #72
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

As much as I love this game I would really love to see the BULL S*IT of the average QB turning into an NFL Pro Bowler in the last two minutes removed!

Here's just ONE example:

I am having my way with GA Tech in Atlanta with Clemson in my dynasty. Through 3.5 quarters I'm leading 22-10. Up to this point, I have 3 sacks, 11 hurries, and 5 knockdowns. Outside of having a bit of a problem with the Flexbone, GT has done nothing. Especially through the air.

Well, after taking the 22-10 lead, Nesbitt who was 5 for 13 passing all day turns into Joe Montana.

After the kick off, Nesbitt goes 4-5 and GT is in the end zone in 5 plays from 70 yards out. 22-17. No problem. A couple of first downs and I end it.

On the next possession I make one first down but the drive stalls. No problem as the punt goes out of bounds at the 10 yard line. 1:43 left and 1 TO for GT. Nesbitt takes GT down the field by going 3-3 and getting the Jackets in the end zone in 4 plays! The drop back and throw strikes 30 yards downfield in .00005 seconds s*it. We've ALL seen it.

Dear EA, stop with this CRAP! We know it's in there and you know it's in there.

Same thing happened when I used Miami against FSU. Ponder all of the sudden became John Elway. It always...ALWAYS happens in the last two minutes of the game and half.

Last edited by therizing02; 07-26-2009 at 07:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »