Home

Sun Belt to SEC Powerhouse...

This is a discussion on Sun Belt to SEC Powerhouse... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Sun Belt to SEC Powerhouse...

...and when I say 'powerhouse', I mean playing style. I'm looking for the best Sun Belt team to take and transform into a completely different animal.

Basically, my plan is to take a Sun Belt team, sim games and recruit the talent to transform them into a powerhouse running team (think Wisconsin) with a stout defense to attempt to crash the SEC's speed-happy party. I know I know, sounds like an impossible task, but I wanna try to take this achievement (and I'm not even really doing it for that...I'm just trying something different for myself) and run (literally) with it.

So essentially, I'm asking which Sun Belt team would you use for this task? Which existing playbook would you use? And which defense scheme?

I'm looking for a playbook with alot of big Ace, I-form, Broken I's, and maybe some split back. I'm looking to avoid shotgun, but if there are a few formations, I can live with that. And I'm thinking about either a 4-3 or Multiple D playbook (any way to run a 4-4 base at all times? Anyone know?), so lemme get your ideas on that.

Oh, and what do you think I should be looking for, recruit-wise, with whatever scheme you suggest?

Thanks guys. Looking forward to the suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #2
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Sun Belt to SEC Powerhouse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5xfaster
...and when I say 'powerhouse', I mean playing style. I'm looking for the best Sun Belt team to take and transform into a completely different animal.

Basically, my plan is to take a Sun Belt team, sim games and recruit the talent to transform them into a powerhouse running team (think Wisconsin) with a stout defense to attempt to crash the SEC's speed-happy party. I know I know, sounds like an impossible task, but I wanna try to take this achievement (and I'm not even really doing it for that...I'm just trying something different for myself) and run (literally) with it.

So essentially, I'm asking which Sun Belt team would you use for this task? Which existing playbook would you use? And which defense scheme?

I'm looking for a playbook with alot of big Ace, I-form, Broken I's, and maybe some split back. I'm looking to avoid shotgun, but if there are a few formations, I can live with that. And I'm thinking about either a 4-3 or Multiple D playbook (any way to run a 4-4 base at all times? Anyone know?), so lemme get your ideas on that.

Oh, and what do you think I should be looking for, recruit-wise, with whatever scheme you suggest?

Thanks guys. Looking forward to the suggestions.
Go with FIU or FAU. They have that great recruiting base. North Texas as well. Really the only difference between these teams, for what you want to do, is who's stadium and uniforms do you like playing in the most?
Old 07-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Go with FIU or FAU. They have that great recruiting base. North Texas as well. Really the only difference between these teams, for what you want to do, is who's stadium and uniforms do you like playing in the most?
Haha, I guess you're right about the uniform part. I was actually leaning towards MTSU (nice stadium, cool unis/alternates, decent offense to start), but FIU, FAU and North Texas all make strong cases because of their strong recruiting bases. Hmmmm...decisions, decisions.

Anyone else?
Old 07-24-2009, 12:26 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

I'm at UL Lafayette, there around Texas, Mississippi, Arkansas, and is in the football talented state of Louisiana. Great school with nice uniforms and Brandon Stokley, Jake Delhomme and Charles Tillman played there. Tyrell Fenroy was a beast for them till he grad last season. FAU has the great Rusty Smith. Troy has a lot of talent.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #5
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Haha. My first thought when I read his post was, FAU all the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5xfaster
Haha, I guess you're right about the uniform part. I was actually leaning towards MTSU (nice stadium, cool unis/alternates, decent offense to start), but FIU, FAU and North Texas all make strong cases because of their strong recruiting bases. Hmmmm...decisions, decisions.

Anyone else?
Mid Ten has a good recruiting base as well. Not as good as the three I mentioned, but I think those black alt unis might make up for it!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Mid Ten has a good recruiting base as well. Not as good as the three I mentioned, but I think those black alt unis might make up for it!
Agreed. I think MTSU is leading at the moment. Might give it a day to see what other suggestions I get, but I might mess around and see what I can come up with before then.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:59 AM   #8
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

MTSU has a good Junior QB in Dwight Dasher. I haven't played with them on this years game but he was a good one in 09. He had some pretty good speed.
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »