Home

Defensive Fatigue

This is a discussion on Defensive Fatigue within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #1
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11
Defensive Fatigue

So, I know there are issues with the sub in/out options in the game. Now, I've gotten my offense squared away, I think - when my running back gets tired, he's out for a play or 2, but then comes back in.

Where I'm having the most trouble is on defense. I assume that the only way to check a player's fatigue is on the field by checking "Show My Levels". What's frustrating is, all my guys are red, and yet they're still not being subbed out. I realize I can do Mass Subs, but that's not ideal.

What are you guys doing to combat this problem? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 12:50 AM   #2
Pro

wepr3's Arena

Re: Defensive Fatigue

bump
Old 07-24-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
Pro

wepr3's Arena

Bueller?
Old 07-24-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm interested as well. I need to rotate my DL in and out as much as possible.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

The sliders for substitutions simply don't work correctly. I wish they would just go back to what they did in the PS2 days for Madden..now that game had a solid fatigue system. I think the way they have the sliders laid out is GREAT...but the way they work is well...not great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
Rookie

The House's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm also interested in this. I have a feeling that we'd see more sacks if we could sucessfully sub in/out a fresh defensive line.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepr3
So, I know there are issues with the sub in/out options in the game. Now, I've gotten my offense squared away, I think - when my running back gets tired, he's out for a play or 2, but then comes back in.

Where I'm having the most trouble is on defense. I assume that the only way to check a player's fatigue is on the field by checking "Show My Levels". What's frustrating is, all my guys are red, and yet they're still not being subbed out. I realize I can do Mass Subs, but that's not ideal.

What are you guys doing to combat this problem? Thanks.

"show my levels" on the field isn't fatigue...it's how 'hot' or 'cold' your player is performing. And from my experience, the defense gets hot a little too fast, hence why you are seeing most of them in red. I'm pretty sure setting the defensive line to aggressive gets them hot within 5-6 plays of the game just from jumping the snap...and then they pretty much stay hot for the rest of the game.

Anyways, the only way I know of to check fatigue is on the playcall screen, where in the formation diagram the player icon will change yellow or red.

Some people have said the offensive sub in/out sliders are broken or fatigue is broken, at least for offense, with rb's subbing out and never back in. I have never seen this, and I think it works pretty well for me. After a few runs early in the game, my rb will sub out for a couple plays then return. Late in the game he will sub out for maybe 6 or 7 plays before returning.

For defense though, I will go ahead and say fatigue is 'broken'. I have never once seen one of my defensive player's icon turn yellow or red...let alone sub out.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:55 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Yeah, they don't seem to sub out enough or at all. Maybe this can be patched?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »