Home

Conference invites?

This is a discussion on Conference invites? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 03:47 AM   #25
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Conference invites?

I'm at the beginning of year 2, I want to find some time to just sit down and get through like 5 weeks of games + recruiting but sometimes its hard to find the time (as much as I'd love to sit in front of my xbox for 5 hours haha)

Year 1 I lost in the orange bowl to GA tech.

I think if I win a BCS game this year my prestige should go up to 6. Maybe that would be enough to get the invite, I'm not sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 03:56 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
You can move to conferences that have a higher conference prestige (hidden value) than your current conference. The Big East has the lowest prestige of all the BCS conferences, so if you are geographically eligible, you can move up.
Is that hidden value pre-set or will it change as conferences become stronger or weaker in dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wulfman75
don't know how they'd be geographically elgilbe for a higher conference than the pac ten.

I've only heard of people from the Big East moving to the SEC. Haven't heard of any of the other BCS conference teams moving. Anyone done that?
I've heard of Big East teams moving to the ACC in older versions.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:50 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Cool. Cool. How many seasons have you played? Just wondering, because I want to know how long it would take too get Hawaii into the Pac-10.

I know in '07 it took me three seasons to get Nevada to the Pac 10. Now I made it to a bcs game all three years and won my first national championship my first year in the pac ten.

havent played much with dynasty in '10 yet, waiting on a accurate ps3 roster.

enjoying RTG though
Old 07-25-2009, 04:52 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
Is that hidden value pre-set or will it change as conferences become stronger or weaker in dynasty?

I've heard of Big East teams moving to the ACC in older versions.
Still Big East though, so none of the other bcs confrences move teams?
Old 07-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

Big East is the only BCS conf. that can move teams. Usually, Louisville and West Virginia tend to go to the SEC, and the other schools tend to go to the ACC, although I imagine Pitt or Cincinnati could enter the Big Ten. USF I've only seen go into the ACC, although they probably can go into the SEC. All the midmajor conferences can enter BCS conferences, and the Sun Belt teams can enter other midmajor conferences.

I've had some very odd conference swaps, though, like Troy entering the MAC or Northern Illinois entering the Big 12.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:03 PM   #30
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
This is very interesting ...So say I was Hawaii and I got them into the PAC 10, could I move into a different conference from there?
Nope. There is no logical upgrade for them prestige wise or geographically.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:17 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 38

I'm gonna start an Army dynasty soon and was just curious as to where you think they would go. I was think C-USA, then too the ACC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 04:36 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
You can move to conferences that have a higher conference prestige (hidden value) than your current conference.
Ok, I don't like to be the one that asks the all-knowing Adam of EA a question, but can we possibly get those hidden values from you? Pure curiosity in my department as I just want to see how EA ranked the conferences and where my Big Ten stands. Is that possible?

Last edited by jobalo85; 07-25-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »