Home

Anyone else not able to play NCAA after the Madden demo?

This is a discussion on Anyone else not able to play NCAA after the Madden demo? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 10:22 AM   #49
Pro

crob8822's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Anyone else not able to play NCAA after the Madden demo?

I played the Madden demo, it is interested, but I knew it was not the final product. I went back to playing NCAA10, this game is fun. It is not perfect, but it does mimic the college football scene. College football is a more open game because many of the schools are now adopting the spread offense formation and the match ups are now between the receivers and the cornerbacks. I will play madden when it releases but right now I want to complete my franchise mode season.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 22

The madden10 game has a WHOLE LOT more excitement going on..that to me is whats holding NCAA back. Post patch i think NCAA is decent "gameplay" wise...but it feels 'very" dated while M10 feels like a whole new game imho... i think the presentation revamp totally has brought madden to the next level..i hope NCAA does the same next year..it'll greatly benefit from it

Last edited by Moegames; 07-26-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #51
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
The Madden demo felt just like playing NCAA only at a slower game speed and better presentation. You have the obvious feature sets that each has that the other does not but the gameplay is the same.

The running game is the same, the passing is te same, even the cpu AI reacts the same when you attack it the same way in each game. Gameplay wise I dont see how anyone could play either game and say one is garbage and the other is gold.

I think its a matter of which feature set you like better that will determine how you like em as a whole.

Some are not pleased with NCAA not having the presentation of Madden but is madden gonna have a gameplan type feature in it ?
If the NCAA game can advance upon this feature each year it could really be something. I also like the adjustable zone depths but they need to tweak the short zones. Sometimes they have safties playing past the LOS.

+1

To me, the PS3 demo I played was a lot like NCAA Football 10 - Just without the player lock, at a much slower speed, and with a bunch of presentation upgrades. On all Madden, the CPU plays pretty much the same way as the CPU does on Heisman in NCAA; psychic defensive backs and linebackers who pick off a pass they didn't even see coming after amazing 360s, getting great blitzes while still somehow locking everyone down Like Al Harris...meanwhile you get pancaked..or the CPU throws it within a second of snapping the ball when you call a blitz, ridiculous amounts of broken tackles, and the ability of a running back to truck through someone who is much larger and stronger than him, even when that person looks to be in better position. Oh, wait, and suction blocking where you will be promptly drawn towards a blocker the moment the ball is snapped. It'll probably be a game that will play well with good sliders..Point being, I wasn't blown away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 01:15 PM   #52
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm will still b playing it till next years game comes out because I like to see what players make it to the next level(Madden) And over look there careers to see how they turded out. This is what I do every year with both games, So hope next year NCAA will make so key moves in making this game more realistic.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 6

I guess what Ian just said is irrelevant he said "Their's a gamespeed slider"...

so please stop with the game is too slow silly comments.....
Old 07-26-2009, 02:56 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

madden fell off since it came to the next gen systems...thats just my opinion tho...
Old 07-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #55
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwill53
madden fell off since it came to the next gen systems...thats just my opinion tho...
And NCAA?

Both have fallen WAY down since the jump to next gen. Other than graphics -- and ONLY graphics, not animations, just snapshot-style graphics -- nothing has been better on next gen.

All signs point to Madden having done much to remedy that this year, and here's hoping that NCAA follows Madden's lead in '11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 03:35 PM   #56
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

you know what sucks the worse? both madden and ncaa are not great games considering how good they COULD be. but, im too much of a football fan not to play either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »