Home

Anyone else not able to play NCAA after the Madden demo?

This is a discussion on Anyone else not able to play NCAA after the Madden demo? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #57
MVP

ezio's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Anyone else not able to play NCAA after the Madden demo?

I played NCAA some more since I have it rented and it's not bad at all but I prefer Madden this year based on the demo. I just think I would play it more than NCAA so I will just wait for Madden to come out.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:02 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 7

I hate Madden and have never bought it once. Looks like that might be changing this year though. Once I played the Madden demo, I was like....this is light year's ahead of College Football. It was basically a joke to me as well. I don't even want to even touch or think about playing College Football 10 or maybe any one after that.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 34

No.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #60
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
I can't even play the game, it just feels like a joke. I felt like they had corrected a good bit since 09, but after playing the Madden 5 min demo and coming back to play NCAA, it is a joke. I still can exploit crossing routes up the field all day. Everyone is still going 100 mph. Players still can turn 360 degrees by just standing there. I got attached to the game for a couple days, but now when I have to choose between NCAA and the Madden demo, I pick the Madden demo everytime...anyone else?
Man, I'm feeling the same way. I wouldn't call NCAA a joke, but IMO, the retail version of NCAA just does not match up to the demo version of Madden. Well ok, maybe that is a joke. I think the slower game speed helps Madden feel more fluid (less herky jerky - especially running). All of the new presentation elements just makes Madden feel more immersive.

I used to be a huge fan of the NCAA series (especially on last gen - I always though it was better than Madden), so I really want to like NCAA, but after playing the Madden demo I can tell that Madden will be getting the bulk of my football gaming time. I will wait for patch #2, which is supposed to be mainly a gameplay patch, before totally abandoning NCAA. I would love it if they could add a game speed slider to patch #2... if not, that will be one of the things on my wishlist for NCAA 11.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:12 PM   #61
Rookie

DePounded's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The default speed of the demo is not the slowest game speed. It's the second slowest of the 5 speed settings (very slow is the bottom). Default ONLINE is normal. Default OFFLINE is slow. As you can see, you can make Madden play faster than NCAA 10 on the highest setting.
Dude, thank you so much for posting! That just made my day cus I was worried about the slow demo speed being the default online speed. Thats good news, and I think I will be rolling on normal game speed on August 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 08:12 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Nope... played the demo for 5 minutes and went back to NCAA.
Same here, sure NCAA looks like crap compared to the Madden demo but it plays great and I love college football more than I do NFL.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-30-2009, 12:53 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Just FYI - there is a game speed slider in the game (just not in the demo). We shipped the demo on "Slow" game speed to showcase those major differences and make the game slightly easier to play for those that maybe are new to the Franchise. You can bump the speed back up to be exactly what NCAA's is.
So is this to say that the speed of the demo is not the default speed of game? I was playing the demo and thinking to myself "is Willy Parker really that slow?". I understand that in prior versions the speed was too fast, but the demo seems too slow to be realistic?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DePounded
Dude, thank you so much for posting! That just made my day cus I was worried about the slow demo speed being the default online speed. Thats good news, and I think I will be rolling on normal game speed on August 14
Nevermind... just read this ^

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »