Home

So now we have "Robo-blitz" in this game

This is a discussion on So now we have "Robo-blitz" in this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
So now we have "Robo-blitz" in this game

Anyone else annoyed by this? When the CPU get's ready to blitz(especially LB's), NO ONE on your team picks it up. Nearly every series, I have at least one 3rd and 17, or 4th and 21, etc. because on previous downs I'll drop back to pass and the floodgates open, nobody on my line blocks, and I get creamed.

What's bad is that it happens no matter who you're are playing against AND whatever the sliders are set. That's the only thing that does is keep it from happening more than it does, but it should stop it completely.

I was using OU and played against some cupcake team with a D in defense, and I got sacked 5 times all before I even fully dropped back. You can do a PA pass, but they are already there in the backfield sometimes before you have time to turn around and look at your receivers.

I'm sorry, but I've seen games in real life where Bradford didn't get touched all game long by some decent teams, and yet I can't keep half of Eastern Michigan's defense out of my backfield on certain plays.

This needs to be fixed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: So now we have "Robo-blitz" in this game

So, call plays that exploit the blitz.

This is called football strategy.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

I've noticed that I've had to actually worry about the pass rush this year, which thrills me. Instead of just lining up in shotgun with 4 or 5 wide and having all the time I want to throw to whatever route I want, I've been having times where I'm only able to send 3-4 guys out on quicker routes to make sure I can beat the pressure. There's times I've had a lot of time to throw, but I certainly can't count on that anymore.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

the ai loves the bump+blitz. my TE is my savior, as he's basically the only guy who can get off the line untouched.

it's not a game killer, but i'd like to see the cpu use this less.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #5
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I dont think you guys understand. I'm happy to have a pass rush, but I should not get sacked the same amount(or more) times by a team with a D- in defense, as I should by a team with an A in defense. It makes no sense to me, but whatever....

And to the guy who said call plays to exploit the blitz, well, is it a blitz if the entire line just caves in, or is it just faulty programming? A 63 rated DE should not consistently get pressure on me when the guard or tackle is a 95. And even when I see the open man for a quick pass, too many times it ends up being a lame duck because I'll get hit just in time.

I've played these games for 15 years or more, I know football strategy, and have seen a proper blitz in a videogame.

But "maybe I just suck", huh?

OMT/Adam - please make this known for the upcoming patch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 05:41 PM   #6
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I dont think you guys understand. I'm happy to have a pass rush, but I should not get sacked the same amount(or more) times by a team with a D- in defense, as I should by a team with an A in defense. It makes no sense to me, but whatever....

And to the guy who said call plays to exploit the blitz, well, is it a blitz if the entire line just caves in, or is it just faulty programming? A 63 rated DE should not consistently get pressure on me when the guard or tackle is a 95. And even when I see the open man for a quick pass, too many times it ends up being a lame duck because I'll get hit just in time.

I've played these games for 15 years or more, I know football strategy, and have seen a proper blitz in a videogame.

But "maybe I just suck", huh?

OMT/Adam - please make this known for the upcoming patch
I think the bottom line is you can defeat "robo blitz" by calling smart plays. Screen plays and draws usually keep the blitz in check, and if you're playing as Oklahoma, you should be able to effectively run the ball which keeps aggressive defenses in check in real life. If you are calling too many pass plays that take too long to develop, any team can apply pressure.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:47 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 24

Just audible to quick passing plays and you'll torch the defense, forcing them to back off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »