Home

My recruiting plan....

This is a discussion on My recruiting plan.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 01:27 AM   #17
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: My recruiting plan....

Hell I am having trouble keeping recruits with 5* Georgia going against the Floridas and LSUs and USCs of the world.

I am going to work it much differently in the offseason and next year. I need to target more 4s and probably less 5s
Old 07-25-2009, 01:48 AM   #18
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
Hell I am having trouble keeping recruits with 5* Georgia going against the Floridas and LSUs and USCs of the world.

I am going to work it much differently in the offseason and next year. I need to target more 4s and probably less 5s
Try to look for players that work with what you want to accomplish and fit your system. Don't just go for the top recruits if they don't fit.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:43 AM   #19
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
Try to look for players that work with what you want to accomplish and fit your system. Don't just go for the top recruits if they don't fit.
Yah I am going to focus more on this. I have gotten my #1 overall recruit fetish out of the way when he signs next week (I hope hehe)

Now I can play it smarter and tighter to the cuff
Old 07-25-2009, 07:37 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 31

I was just posting my method for Ohio State. Of course smaller schools are going to be different. Sorry that my fav team has a 6* prestige.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #21
Coach Porter Davis

djp73's Arena

OVR: 7

id like to see other strategies for low prestige schools
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Seriously, i get tired of seeing threads like.....

UNSTOPPPLE RECRUUTING METHED

And the tips are to offer to the people interested in you and play with USC.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:10 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Everyone knows that recruiting is a big part of building a dynasty. I'd like to share my recruiting technique that has gotten two #1 classes.

1st class had 9***** 8**** 2***
2nd class had 11***** 7****

First off, i get really in depth with my team and how many seniors i have as well as juniors that are higly rated that might leave early for the draft.

Ohio State has 14 seniors for the first season. So i know that i dont have to load my recruiting board with players. Its hard seperating your NEEDS from your WANTS. You really need some self control. OSU has 3 SS 2 of which are true freshman. So i know that i dont really need a SS in 2009-2010. But its hard when a 6'3 220lbs SS with 4.40 speed is staring you in the face.

1st step - is to see who has your school #1 on their list. OSU has somewhere between 10-14 players who are 4 stars an up that are #1 on their list. Pick out the guys you need and want from that list and move on.

2nd step - find the players that you need. We needed a MLB, FS, K, and P. On the MLB and FS positions i add 2 recruits from each position just in case 1 of them doesnt sign. On the kickers and punters i dont go after at all. Unless they are #1 on my list. If they dont commit right away i will drop them from my list. Reason being is because i received a walk-on at each the K and P positions. Both were a 75 overall. I see no need to waste 2 scholarships and recruiting time on K and P's

3rd step - I will look at my teams database (press triangle when in recruiting central) and see what positions i will be low on next year. So i will go after some of those positions if i see some players i want. When im ready for the first week i have about 15 players added to my list. 4 or 5 are first on my list. 2 of those players signed right away by offering them a scholarship. By those 2 players commiting early i now have 2 spots open for 2 more players. So i add 2 more players to my list. I felt that talking to 15 players every week was enough time to persuade anyone to come to my school. I would talk to each one for a long period of time.

4th step - The players that are 2nd, 3rd, and 4th interseted in signing with my school i dont offer scholarships right away. 5th through 10th i offer. You dont want to get too far behind by not offering a scholly. I will try to talk to the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place players to try and get them up to #1 then offer. If i feel im not gaining any ground i will go ahead and offer a scholly.

So thats my strategy at the begining of the season. Try to get players to visit your school during big national games and rivalry games. These games enhance the recruits visit grade. Oh...and make sure you win those games.

The off-season is pretty simple. By then you should have 5-8 players hard commited leaving you with plenty of recruiting time with players that havent signed yet.
So what exactly is your strategy? I'm not sure you listed one...all you said was you target players you want that are interested in your school. Wow. Breakthrough.

I had absolutely no "strategy" and got the #1 recruiting class. I just targeted players that were interested in me.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #24
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
You are straight cheese if you're really bragging about killing recruiting with OSU and UF. I'm sure you'll impress the folks here.
First off, block o said he was using OSU, so I was stating that I used OSU AS WELL, and that's what I did with them.

Second, read you idiot, I didn't use Florida. I was using OSU. Glad you are a moron.

Straight cheese? Really? For playing against cpu? Haha. Loser.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »