Home

End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide

This is a discussion on End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 03:18 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaythegreatest
The thing most people dont realize is that the little green progress bar EA added this year is WORTHLESS!
Proof?

Quickcalling=Fail

Especially in week one, which is the most intregal week in recruiting 5 stars.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiorudy
Let's say I quick call 11 and 4 are interested in week 2. In week 2 I use the steps to recruit. What do I do with the other 24 recruits? Do I continue to focus on the original 4 that are interested each week until they commit? After one commits do I quick call some more and start the process over? Thanks in advance
If you win games, most of the recruits that would have become interested from a scholly offer in week 1 will become interested as the season progresses from just being on your board. What you would do is as soon as the first guy committs, use his 2.5 hours (assuming you were targeting 4) to offer with a 20 minute call to the next guys on the list.

You should be able to pump interest real quick in a recruit even if you only start recruting him in week 6 or 7 after the first 1-4 have signed.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:56 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDeeds
Proof?

Quickcalling=Fail

Especially in week one, which is the most intregal week in recruiting 5 stars.
Wrong. I can get almost any 5 star to sign without even talking to him until week 6 or 7 using this method. Just leave him on the board.

The only difference betweeen * and ***** recruits is the type of pitches they are interested in. ***** are interested in pitches that you usually cannot attain as a * school such as athletic facilities and championship contender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
This may be OK for offline dynasty, but this will definitely not work with online dynasty. Humans recruit a lot better than the cpu......well most humans do.
Actually it works even better in the online dynasties. The only way this method gets beat in an online dynasty is if one of the other members is using it as well. Because most players dont give an intense focus on 3-4 recruits, you always pass them by.

Last year I played as Houston in an online dynasty and Rice was the only other CUSA team. I made the dynasty challenging by recruting the top 35 players on the Rice guy's board. He signed 2 of them. I signed 25 in in-season recruiting.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #37
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
Good guidebut it's kind of meaningless since 4 stars and 3 stars end up being better than most 5 stars after a year
Judging by the past 5 or 6 recruiting classes and how they ended up, I'd say that's pretty realistic, honestly. College recruiting is more of a crapshoot than the NFL draft.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:16 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 11

There shouldn't be enough 5-star recruits in each class for any team to land more than 5-to-7 of them, and that's stretching it. The mere fact that you can bring in upwards of 10-to-15 5-star guys is a joke.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:42 PM   #39
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaythegreatest
Actually it works even better in the online dynasties. The only way this method gets beat in an online dynasty is if one of the other members is using it as well. Because most players dont give an intense focus on 3-4 recruits, you always pass them by.

Last year I played as Houston in an online dynasty and Rice was the only other CUSA team. I made the dynasty challenging by recruting the top 35 players on the Rice guy's board. He signed 2 of them. I signed 25 in in-season recruiting.
Alright, I gotta call ya on this one. If you focus on just those 4 or 5 guys, by the time you go to recruit someone else they'll be gone or so interested in another school you'd be wasting your time trying to recruit them.
For 2 reasons:

1. It will take you longer to get the first 4 or 5 because you will have to fight off the other human schools and, contrary to what you say, humans are very aggressive when it comes to recruiting.

2. While you're focused on those 4 to 5 guys, all the other guys are getting snatched up by other user teams.

These both are very true. One year, after my team was stacked, I decided to focus just on my top 2 or 3 players that I wanted, to make sure I get them. I got the first one in week 7 or 8 or something like that, the second one in week 11 or 12, and the third I didn't get at all. You know why? Because humans are humans. If I spend 1.5 hours on a guy and and you still jump ahead of me, guess what? I'm gonna spend 2 hrs on the guy the next week if I really want him.
This also doesn't mention those guys that just really want to go to a certain school. If there's a guy from California that has USC first on his list and you do your thing and get on his list as well, it doesn't matter how much time you spend, if that USC user is spending a significant amount of time with him. I know this for a fact because I spent AT LEAST 2 hours a week on one guy and the USC user was doing 1 hr quick calls and he signed with USC.
Another thing, is the multiple user aspect of an OD. Each user can put just as much focus on the players that you want while still getting others. Here's what I mean: You got 5 guys that you want to focus on. Most likely those 5 guys are gonna be very good otherwise you wouldn't be focused on them. Well guess what, the 2nd guy on your list is 1st on user 2's list, so he 's gonna dedicate max amount of time to him. The 3rd guy on your list is first on user 3's list, so he's gonna dedicate max amount of time to get him. The 4th guy on your list is 1st on user 4's list and so on and so on.
Now you have a real possibility of not getting any of your top 5 because the other users are focused on them as well. It's just that a different user is focused on a different recruit for you. Yes, this has happened...to me personally.
I'm not gonna knock your strategy man. It may be good for offline and I don't play offline enough to comment on that, but I'm telling you, if you're in any kind of competitive OD, this is not gonna work out for you.

Last edited by splff3000; 07-27-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Alright, I gotta call ya on this one. If you focus on just those 4 or 5 guys, by the time you go to recruit someone else they'll be gone or so interested in another school you'd be wasting your time trying to recruit them.
For 2 reasons:

1. It will take you longer to get the first 4 or 5 because you will have to fight off the other human schools and, contrary to what you say, humans are very aggressive when it comes to recruiting.

2. While you're focused on those 4 to 5 guys, all the other guys are getting snatched up by other user teams.

These both are very true. One year, after my team was stacked, I decided to focus just on my top 2 or 3 players that I wanted, to make sure I get them. I got the first one in week 7 or 8 or something like that, the second one in week 11 or 12, and the third I didn't get at all. You know why? Because humans are humans. If I spend 1.5 hours on a guy and and you still jump ahead of me, guess what? I'm gonna spend 2 hrs on the guy the next week if I really want him.
This also doesn't mention those guys that just really want to go to a certain school. If there's a guy from California that has USC first on his list and you do your thing and get on his list as well, it doesn't matter how much time you spend, if that USC user is spending a significant amount of time with him. I know this for a fact because I spent AT LEAST 2 hours a week on one guy and the USC user was doing 1 hr quick calls and he signed with USC.
Another thing, is the multiple user aspect of an OD. Each user can put just as much focus on the players that you want while still getting others. Here's what I mean: You got 5 guys that you want to focus on. Most likely those 5 guys are gonna be very good otherwise you wouldn't be focused on them. Well guess what, the 2nd guy on your list is 1st on user 2's list, so he 's gonna dedicate max amount of time to him. The 3rd guy on your list is first on user 3's list, so he's gonna dedicate max amount of time to get him. The 4th guy on your list is 1st on user 4's list and so on and so on.
Now you have a real possibility of not getting any of your top 5 because the other users are focused on them as well. It's just that a different user is focused on a different recruit for you. Yes, this has happened...to me personally.
I'm not gonna knock your strategy man. It may be good for offline and I don't play offline enough to comment on that, but I'm telling you, if you're in any kind of competitive OD, this is not gonna work out for you.
Theoretically you should be right, but it does not work out this way. This method works even better in the online dynasties for getting the best of the best recruits. Most of the time people will chase you for them, but it is a waste of their time.

You are right in one aspect. after signing 4-5 of the top 15 players in the country it is harder to get another 4-5. After signing 1 more ***** i go after the four stars and stockpile them like crazy.

BTW...2 hours is not enough if you want to land the big recruits. You have to go 2.5 at least. If you're recruting against a USC for a big one all you have to do is spend 4 hours with him 2 weeks in a row and USC will be blown out of the water.

The base method is spectacular. Of course you have to change it a small bit when playing against humans, but you still wreck shop every single time.

I played in an online dynasty CUSA where there are 6 teams from TX, LA, and OK ... this method kicked ***.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »