Home

End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide

This is a discussion on End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide

Since recruiting is SUCH A JOKE, i just sim it entirely and STILL get a great class. The progression KILLS just about all the fun and challenge of recruiting as EVERYONE progresses into the VERY high 80's and 90's regardless of their caliber. Alot of this is due to the fact that nobody leaves early. 98% of all players stay 4 years.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #50
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaythegreatest
Quickly tapping X does not generate more interest, it just makes the whole process less time consuming.
Is this a timing thing? I find that most of the time when tapping on hard sell, it doesn't go faster. Does this only help in the case when the pitch is "complete" (to use the NCAA 09 term) and it would have stopped completely otherwise?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Is this a timing thing? I find that most of the time when tapping on hard sell, it doesn't go faster. Does this only help in the case when the pitch is "complete" (to use the NCAA 09 term) and it would have stopped completely otherwise?
Yes, it will only go quicker when the pitch 'completes' a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 11:35 PM   #52
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaythegreatest
To me people who say that they "recruit realistically" as a certain team should just go ahead and "lose realistically" to every team that they should lose to.

Like when this guy plays USC he should purposely lose the user game every time.

THE WHOLE POINT of dynasty is to take your favorite team and make them unstoppable.

If you're playing "realistically" then as BYU you should force your team to go 8-5 at the very best every season and never try to be better.
It's all about whether or not you want a challenge. If you want all the 5* guys go for it.

Personally, I like to put a bunch of house rules on my recruiting to make it more difficult. I only use quick calling, unless I'm gonna schedule a visit.

Play the way you want.

Also there's a difference between your "realistically" statements, here is what people who want a challenge look for:

With the right sliders, taking a C+ team into an A+ team's stadium should result in a loss 99% of the time. If the A+ team has a bad game and the C+ team plays perfect, the C+ team should have a shot to win.

If you're taking a C+ team and beating an A+ team every time by exploiting the game, that's no fun.

Same thing with recruiting. If a 2* school is pulling in all these 5* recruits by exploiting the recruiting system on the game then that's no good. If a 2* school hauls in a couple 4* players here and there and builds its way up the ranks to a 3* and pulls in a couple more 4* and finally gets a couple 5* people...that's what it is all about.

At least that's my take on this.

Recruiting house rules = much more difficult to build your team.

I'm 5-5 in year 1 with a 3* team and I've only signed two 2* players so far. I'm pleased with the 2* FB I've signed and the 2* kicker for the future.

I don't have a single 5* guy on the board and I might sign a 4* WR, and that will be the highlight of my class.

To me that is much more enjoyable then winning every single game and signing the best players.

I go out of my way to make the game challenging.

OP, you find a way to exploit a video game.

Old 07-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 1
Cool Re: End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide

I appreciate the post very much. I love the challenge of recruiting and making the dynasty "harder." However, it is frustrating and unrealistic for ***** recruits not to notice my program after winning back to back national championships. This seems to level that playing field a bit.

If this were more "realistic," every recruit would notice the winning that is going on at my program, and that I make solid players into studs. They should be flocking to me!! Now they will be.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #54
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

To me, the key is to spend most of your minutes hard selling, and to not waste a lot of minutes on recruits that you will eventually lose out on. This method is simply a way of being efficient at that.

The only functional drawbacks I can see with this method are if you have a 1-star team (lacking in enough B+ categories) or if you don't win consistently. Fortunately on this game winning is easy (for most players who are into the game enough to post on this forum), unless you are playing a competitive online dynasty, or are using a very weak program against a very strong schedule.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #55
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
It's all about whether or not you want a challenge. If you want all the 5* guys go for it.

Personally, I like to put a bunch of house rules on my recruiting to make it more difficult. I only use quick calling, unless I'm gonna schedule a visit.

Play the way you want.

Also there's a difference between your "realistically" statements, here is what people who want a challenge look for:

With the right sliders, taking a C+ team into an A+ team's stadium should result in a loss 99% of the time. If the A+ team has a bad game and the C+ team plays perfect, the C+ team should have a shot to win.

If you're taking a C+ team and beating an A+ team every time by exploiting the game, that's no fun.

Same thing with recruiting. If a 2* school is pulling in all these 5* recruits by exploiting the recruiting system on the game then that's no good. If a 2* school hauls in a couple 4* players here and there and builds its way up the ranks to a 3* and pulls in a couple more 4* and finally gets a couple 5* people...that's what it is all about.

At least that's my take on this.

Recruiting house rules = much more difficult to build your team.

I'm 5-5 in year 1 with a 3* team and I've only signed two 2* players so far. I'm pleased with the 2* FB I've signed and the 2* kicker for the future.

I don't have a single 5* guy on the board and I might sign a 4* WR, and that will be the highlight of my class.

To me that is much more enjoyable then winning every single game and signing the best players.

I go out of my way to make the game challenging.

OP, you find a way to exploit a video game.
Good post, I do similar things in my dynasties and enjoy it also.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 05:53 AM   #56
Rookie

dirtycashdylan's Arena

OVR: 3

You guys aren't saying offering schollys to uninterested kids and dropping them if they don't get interested in a few weeks is cheez, are you? If you are then I disagree.
I only play ODs with small schools. Taking over a 1* school and offering all the in-state kids schollys (20 min quick call), then replacing them if they aren't interested is NOT cheez imo. If you can convince the 5* QB from down the street to stay home, more power to you. It won't happen. But it's ok to luck out and get the 4* or 3* QB from down the street. (Riley Dodge, QB for North Texas, was a high ranked recruit being loosely courted by OU. OU cooled and he went to play for his dad at NT.)

If it's something else you're calling cheating, ignore this post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »