Home

End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide

This is a discussion on End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #57
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: End all Be all Recruting Step by Step Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtycashdylan
You guys aren't saying offering schollys to uninterested kids and dropping them if they don't get interested in a few weeks is cheez, are you? If you are then I disagree.
I only play ODs with small schools. Taking over a 1* school and offering all the in-state kids schollys (20 min quick call), then replacing them if they aren't interested is NOT cheez imo. If you can convince the 5* QB from down the street to stay home, more power to you. It won't happen. But it's ok to luck out and get the 4* or 3* QB from down the street. (Riley Dodge, QB for North Texas, was a high ranked recruit being loosely courted by OU. OU cooled and he went to play for his dad at NT.)

If it's something else you're calling cheating, ignore this post.
no, they're calling his method of doing phone calls cheez.
Old 08-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #58
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

I use the Senior + 3 offline and on
-I add 20 guys to my board and quick call (30min) and offer them all schollies in the 1st week. (with any school)
-I usually land a recruit or two by doing this.
-I only target interested kids or the guys with no scholly offers late in the season.
-I tend to quick call guys until they are ready for a visit.
-When they are ready for a visit I call them to unlock pitches that weren't unlocked using quick calls.
-I don't schedule a visit to a game a feel that I may lose and I only schedule the 3 activities with a green bar beside them.
-I spread the love. The only time a recruit doesn't hear from me is when I make a mistake and spend too much time on one guy.
-The only time I drop guys is when the CPU or a User has a significantly greater chance of pulling the recruit. My philosophy, why waste time on a guy that has done all but verbally committed? I just drop em and add a new guy to the board.

Using this method, by conf. championship week I have finished my recruiting for the season. I may have a guy or two that was stubborn and didnt sign, but I usually snag em by week 2 of the off-season.

Call it cheating if you like, but I dont see how it could be considered that. A game only takes 45 minutes. Recruiting shouldn't take longer than the game to me. I work 40hrs a week and go to school full time. Getting a game in is a luxury.

Last edited by Young J 334; 08-04-2009 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:56 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Sounds like you could use dynasty accelerators..which are cheats.

BTW, is that your alternate profile JhayTheGreatest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttech10
I like how they joined 9 days apart in 2008, and this just happens to be 'jkarna's first post. Agreeing with someone (who happens to have the letter 'j' randomly at the front of their username) that nobody else is agreeing with.
Oh no! We share the same first initial. I felt that credit should be given where credit is due. There are many recruiting guides out there, but this one knocks that pants off all of them.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:57 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 14

Ok I am a little confused here, and that might be because I am playing 09 version. So I have 3 weeks of recruiting left and I am close to snagging that 5 star QB after years of never getting one. I lost two key games and he is starting to slip. So how do I get him to come back using your method? I am ranked 3rd on his list now I believe. Are you saying that I should call him up, hard sell on the most and very high's until it says pitch complete and then do it again? And i should do this for a couple of hours? At this point, I could feasibly spend all 10 hours this week on him, as I don't have any pressing needs and the 3-4 star guys I have on my board in the top 10 have me either at number 1 or else 8-10 and I won't get those guys anyway. I really want to grab this guy, as my QB situation is getting rough right now. So please help me out here.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #61
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarna
Oh no! We share the same first initial. I felt that credit should be given where credit is due. There are many recruiting guides out there, but this one knocks that pants off all of them.
Lol you bumped a thread just to say that?
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #62
Rookie

catch84's Arena

OVR: 2

I guess you can do it that way but the one thing I really enjoy doing is what I just did this last year. I took a 4 star qb that had no interest in my school and made him sign I had to work at it
Old 05-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsleadtheway
Ok I am a little confused here, and that might be because I am playing 09 version. So I have 3 weeks of recruiting left and I am close to snagging that 5 star QB after years of never getting one. I lost two key games and he is starting to slip. So how do I get him to come back using your method? I am ranked 3rd on his list now I believe. Are you saying that I should call him up, hard sell on the most and very high's until it says pitch complete and then do it again? And i should do this for a couple of hours? At this point, I could feasibly spend all 10 hours this week on him, as I don't have any pressing needs and the 3-4 star guys I have on my board in the top 10 have me either at number 1 or else 8-10 and I won't get those guys anyway. I really want to grab this guy, as my QB situation is getting rough right now. So please help me out here.
Basically...if you need 1 prospect you can spend 5 hours on him if you have at least two pitches that are both a or a+ and very high or most...

you would just repeat the process 5 times instead of twice...

Oh and btw, I don't consider this cheating at all. And to anyone who knows real life college football...

Recruiting is all about bending and stretching every ncaa rule as far as you can to get maximum time and reward from that time with recruits...

my method is full proof and works no matter your playing level or skill...

You have to remember that games are written by programmers. Programmers are generally logical thinkers and as an electric engineer and pseudo logic wiz i tend to find these little unintended logic patterns in every game I play.

It just happened that the pattern in NCAA recruiting was utterly obvious to anyone who does programming and analytics for a living

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »