Home

Non-BCS schools in the title game

This is a discussion on Non-BCS schools in the title game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 02:50 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: Non-BCS schools in the title game

Can someone explain this too me...What does "running the table" mean? Ive seen it on this forum before, but Ive never really understood it.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:29 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7

rear two of my RTG saw #2 Florida vs. #1 UCF in the title game. Florida whipped the crap out of UCF like 43-3 in the game.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:30 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

Also, Utah would have been National Champs had they been given a shot at the title last year.
Old 07-25-2009, 04:20 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Can someone explain this too me...What does "running the table" mean? Ive seen it on this forum before, but Ive never really understood it.
Win every game.

That said, the topic at hand:
The game's BCS is rigged, just like its penalty calling system is rigged, to skip realism in favor of enjoyable playability.

They figure it's better to piss off the people who want realistic "At the half, it's Big Ten team 7, SEC team 492" BCS title games with undefeated, more deserving mid-majors lucky to get in any BCS bowl game at all, than it is to piss off the entirety of the mid-major crowd by disqualifying them from ever winning a NC without forcing them to leave the team or leave the conference.

If it really bothers you, just do what I did in the old games: schedule games against those mid-majors and beat them. No more national title game for them!
Old 07-25-2009, 04:28 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

i've done 2 RTGs now, one with utah, and one with hawaii. went undefeated with hawaii and was #3 at the end of the season, luckily florida and ole miss were undefeated as well and ole miss eventually would lose to florida in the SEC champ. game. so i moved into the BCS title game against florida.

but in my utah RTG, i went undefeated as well, but only got to like #6, i was stuck behind a 2 loss florida team. so i think a typical usc and texas BCS title game was played there. so i havent really seen anything too fishy yet, although the hurricanes were a top 5 team pretty much all season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 05:36 AM   #22
six
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by armi5718
Also, Utah would have been National Champs had they been given a shot at the title last year.
Possibly one of the silliest things I've ever read on here. Did you actually watch the FL Gators play last year son? Give me a break...

You need to take off your homer glasses for your fellow MWC team in Utah there buddy.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:03 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

^^^^I don't agree with him saying they would have been national champs but I wouldn't say they would of had no chance at a beating Florida. After all Ole Miss did beat them and Utah was a better team than them. Not to mention they took it to a Alabama pretty good.

Certainly I would pick Florida to win if they played but they would at least have a chance.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 07-25-2009, 01:06 PM   #24
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Short of a playoff system, basically... only other way would be to play all of their OOC games against top ten teams and win them all.. that would probably do it...
And the them beating multiple top 10 teams would be very difficult. Boise's easy schedule is the reason they go undefeated, they only play a few real teams. Of course, it would help if most of the WAC teams didn't suck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »