Home

Anyone still holding out on buying the game (waiting for patch 2 details)?

This is a discussion on Anyone still holding out on buying the game (waiting for patch 2 details)? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

OVR: 7
Anyone still holding out on buying the game (waiting for patch 2 details)?

I did it. I kept telling myself I am not going to buy NCAA FB 10 until I played it first. So here we are, over a week after the game was released, and I don't own the game. I'm pretty proud of myself. This is the first time I haven't rushed out and bought the game since...EVER.

I borrowed the game the other night and finally got to play. I liked it a lot. The gameplay seems a lot better than last year. And the graphics look beautiful (though I am really pissed they screwed up the white long sleeves), but I am not giving EA Sports my $60 yet. I want to wait until the details of the second patch come out. I have concerns about the OT glitch people have been commenting on and the player progression. The player progression is a huge thing for two reason:

1) Broken Dynasty = no reason to play. B/c the rosters are so messed up I have no interest in playing online games (which sucks). If player progression is broken in dynasty mode it essentially gives me no reason to play the game.

I hope hey can fix this. I still wonder how there testers don't see this stuff and while EA doesn't pony up some cash for some flights and hotel rooms for some of the community guys to fly out to Florida and play the game before it goes gold.

Anyway, there were a lot of people on here saying they weren't going to buy the game this year. How many people stuck to their guns and how many people caved in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Anyone still holding out on buying the game (waiting for patch 2 details)?

caved....but i got it for 20 bucks from some1 that works at EA so it's all good.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
Pro

Mangum's Arena

OVR: 6

I am raising my hand. I'm on the fence and really want to but the Dynasty thing really has me turned off. I'm also thinking about getting Madden after many moons of not wanting to play.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:13 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 13

Thought I was finally going to just get the game this year (first time since NCAA07, which was a total piece of garbage and put me off the series probably for good), but after having the discipline to wait out the initial frenzy and wait for impressions from people 1-2 weeks post-release when the real game starts to show itself (sans new car smell), I'm thinking I made the right decision. At this point, it's very unlikely I'll get the game at all.

Frankly, after the Madden demo, I think I'm going to do the same and wait 2-3 weeks before rendering a decision. All you have to do is exercise some discipline in the first 1-2 weeks, and then the community will tell you how a game really plays.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Im about 95% committed to getting the PS2 version tonight. However, if they can fix progression I will purchase this right away. I really love the gameplay and is much better than last year. I recently popped in NCAA 09 (PS3) and the progression isn't nearly as bad as this years version. Hopefully they can go back to its PS2 roots (where progression is much more realistic) or at least go back to last years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2009, 07:28 PM   #6
Rookie

lendog691's Arena

OVR: 9

I won't buy a game that is broke. I want to see how the ND patch works and what the OS community thinks of it then same goes for Madden. The thing is $60 is a lot to spend in this economy and i want to make sure i making a wise investment, time will tell.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:52 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 15

Its still a great game regardless. Im not hurting for 60 and im spending another 60 on madden. The dynasty issues is not as bad as some make it seem, but if you are a guy who likes to build small schools then yea it does hurt it. I personally like the parity, it gives me an excuse to play through all of the games in a season as opposed to skipping cupcakes. However It does hurt the spirit of what the game is supposed to be.

After playing the madden demo i doubt ill be spending too much time with NCAA patch or no patch.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
Rookie

Hey_Rebby's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
The dynasty issues is not as bad as some make it seem, but if you are a guy who likes to build small schools then yea it does hurt it.
See, I'm that type of guy. I love the challenge of building a small school up into a power team. But it won't be much of a challenge if you can do it in a year or two.

I think I made the right call. I'm going to wait and see how the new patch comes out. Unfortunately that won't be until September, which sucks. But the good news is I'll be probably be able to buy it cheaper used.

I guess if you accept the game truly isn't "finished or gold" until the 2nd patch comes out then the wait isn't that bad. July and August is the testing period where customers GET to pay $60 to QT the game for EA Sports.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »