Home

Sportsmanship sucks

This is a discussion on Sportsmanship sucks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:22 AM   #1
Rookie

LunchBox Legend's Arena

OVR: 1
Sportsmanship sucks

Can The unsportsman crap be turned off? It ruins the 4th quarter. I sub in my prized Freshmen QB and I can't even throw some short screens or outs to check his arm out!? I keep getting hit with -100 and I'm not trying to run up the score. I just want to run my offense and maybe try some new, quick passes that are basically running plays with a forward pitch. It sucks that the game is forcing me to be pass heavy in the first 3 quarters and then do nothing but run the ball in the 4th. Hell, you get -100 for calling a timeout in the 4th because you hit the button too quick and stupid Corso has selected a fake. ****** Corso is another matter all together.

Aside from these minor problems I love the game. I know I should ignore the sportsmanship thing but it still drives me nuts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
Rookie

ttech10's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Sportsmanship sucks

Yea I DESPISE it... but I guess it's good it's there... somewhat.

If they just enforced it on the 1st team offense then it'd be fine. I played a game against FCS something-or-other and got a 'WARNING' and it wasn't even half time (like :30 left in the 2nd).

It also should count if you're passing on 3rd down because it's something like 3rd & 15. I made a 20 something yard pass on a 3rd and long and got deducted 150 points. Pretty pathetic. So, on third downs I just pass most of the time anyways, ignoring the sportsmanship score.

I figure with our reputation, it won't matter.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:01 AM   #3
Rookie

KensaiKatai's Arena

OVR: 8

i personally like the sportsmanship concept though it could be fine tuned a bit.

I also super sim my backups.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:06 AM   #4
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

its horrible.. i was blowing some team out in the 1st qt. and in the 2nd qt of the game i was getting negative Points for running up the score
MLB: New York Yankees
Old 07-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

I agree..its not polished enough to be enforced like it is..it definitely has good potential but there is no way the developers should of enforced this like it is without thorough thinking behind the concept...like i said, it has great potential but the developers should of polished this before making it mandatory
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 16

At the end of the day, it's a score that means absolutely nothing. Season Showdown is a questionable "feature" to begin with. I wouldn't get too concerned about it.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:01 PM   #7
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10

I hate it, whenever you're playing another person in Online Dynasty or something, you're forced to run the ball EVERY PLAY. Not to mention that your opponent realizes that and can just stuff the run every play & easily get back in the game. I want to turn it off...
Old 07-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 60

I was up by about 20 at halftime one game. I threw the ball the first play of the third quarter and got a warning. I guess no team can score 3 touchdowns to get back in the game with a whole half of football left.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »