Home

Improving NCAA for 11

This is a discussion on Improving NCAA for 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Improving NCAA for 11

I've started a six part series in my blog discussing what I'd like to be seen done in the future of the NCAA series. I do like the game, so it isn't about ripping the game or those who have worked to make it, but there will be some critical parts of the six part series. I've got great respect for people like Adam (OMT to some of us) who have shown how much they care so this is meant as a helpful blog, not a bashing.

I just posted the second part, Presentation today. The first part was post about a week or longer ago on teambuilder. I just felt like having fun and writing a blog with some of my ideas for the future of this series.

If you want, go check out my OS blog here for part one on teambuilder: http://www.operationsports.com/thesc...a-11-part-one/
And here for part two on presentation: http://www.operationsports.com/thesc...caa-11-part-2/
Please leave your feedback there so I can see what you think. My hope is the dev check out this blog so if I missed an idea you had please include it there.

Last edited by thescoop; 07-26-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
Rookie

joehoo's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Improving NCAA for 11

says page not found.

pretty bad when ever year someone starts a thread "Improving NCAA for 11"

How do the developers still have a job?
Old 07-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

Here's the correct links:

Part One - Improving Teambuilder: http://www.operationsports.com/thesc...a-11-part-one/

Part Two - Improving Presentation: http://www.operationsports.com/thesc...caa-11-part-2/
Old 07-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #4
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Thanks, Alex for posting the correct links. I posted this and stepped away from the computer. Hope everyone gets a chance to check it out.

Thanks again.

I've fixed the links in the first post now, but thanks again anyway, Alex. I should have double checked before I logged off.

Last edited by thescoop; 07-26-2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

How about we just get a develop team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 10:10 PM   #6
Rookie

ebarws6's Arena

OVR: 9

I also have a comment about stadium sounds- it would also be nice to be able to change your schools default fight song. I hate going onto the road (as Stanford) and hearing our school's "official" fight song, (which is never used for football games) while at home, I get the song I want. Also, after games when you win, it would be nice to be able to have a changed default fight song there, because it is the same as going on the road.

Please EA. I'm BEGGING you. Work on your presentation to the smallest detail, and this will be one hell of a game.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I really began to wonder about EA's level of commitment to this franchise when I went to pick up my copy at Gamestop and they have a $40 trade-in value for Madden only a month later. This tells me they just throw this game together to ramp up excitement for Madden, and trust me, I look forward to this game more than Madden every year. TeamBuilder is a step in the right direction, but maybe they don't want to make it better than Madden and lose some luster on their premiere franchise, but it couldn't hurt to have 2 great football games. Some of this may have already been mentioned, but here is a list of things I would love to see improved:

-HS All-Star Games for recruits
-Neutral Bowl sites/Team specific bowl art
-More accurate sliders
-Situational games/ Re-play classic moments (great feature in the old games). There are at least 2-3 of these every season, and you would never have to play the same ones every year. You could just play the greatest games/moments from the previous season.
-Get rid of the mini-games, or at least change them to make them more fun/challenging. Maybe add some to Dynasty mode.
-Add controllable Training to Dynasty instead of it being simmed.
-Bring back ALL-TIME TEAMS, and have more of them, or the ability to create your own. (Team Builder helps in this a bit)
-Remove Mascot Game/Road to Glory Mode. These are pointless! Nobody wants to play a game full of mascots and what's the point of making yourself a player if you only control yourself and no other aspect of the game. That's completely horrible.
-Div IAA schools (because I will not refer to them by that other, stupid name.)
-Formation Subs, so you can move people around for different formations. Amazing how such a small feature changes gameplay, and not being able to run a 2 qb system is tragic.
-Kickoff Coverage Team depth. Madden ditched this too, but I loved having my defensive starters on kickoff team, because that's how you racked up tackles, which is a statistic that needs to be adjusted as well.
-Get rid of the school spirit/leaderboard or whatever the hell it is. I shouldn't be punished for running up the score when I'm trying to pad my stats to get achievements. ********!!!
-Ditch recruiting add-ons, or at least make them free. Why make me pay full price for a game, just to make me pay $20 more for some bull****, especially in these economically trying times? Not a good way to make your gamers happy, EA.
-Revamp the announcers' dialogue, add College Gameday, include more announcers, and for the love of GOD, put Erin Andrews in as many features of the game as possible!!!
-Get rid of the ASK CORSO option, or at least not make it the default when choosing a play. Same goes for Madden.
-Make EVERYTHING customizable. I shouldn't have to choose if I want to play aggressive or conservative 8 times a game if I don't want to.
-Bring back coaching a position during timeouts. Way better than what they have this year.
-Make pass rush easier. Same for Madden.

Having said all of that, I still play the game although I long for the day in which it is close to perfect. Any ideas? Suggestions? Rants? Raves?
Old 08-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I also forgot to add the College All-Star games- Hula Bowl, Senior Bowl, etc. They should have at least one of these, instead of just a list of All-Americans, and they should make it realistic where you can gain or lose draft status before you export your players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »