Home

Wow just wow!!!!!

This is a discussion on Wow just wow!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Wow just wow!!!!!

So i was playing as Georgia vs Kentucky and it was actually a good game. We were tied 22-22 and i had the ball inside Kentucky's 10 yd line and it was 4th down with less than a minute to go in the game. I lined up for a field goal, made it but i got a holding call no big deal. I lined up kicked another and made it but wait another holding call. So now im backed up to about the 30 or so. I lined up kicked another made it, ANOTHER HOLDING CALL!!!! so it would of been a 57 yd field goal and i decided to punt and hold them and go to OT. I ended up winning the game in OT 25-22 but i mean give me a break, 3 straight holding calls during a field goal. I think that sometimes the cpu decides the outcome of the game before it even starts.

PS: I would also like to mention that going into the final couple of weeks in my dynasty Cincinnati is ranked 1 and Boise State is ranked 2 in the BCS. I thought the rankings were re done this year...?

Last edited by JayD; 07-26-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Wow just wow!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
PS: I would also like to mention that going into the final couple of weeks in my dynasty Cincinnati is ranked 1 and Boise State is ranked 2 in the BCS. I thought the rankings were re done this year...?
Cincinnati is in the Big Least and they always over-rank that conference in real life so that seems real to me, but Boise State making it to number two (not saying they wouldn't deserve number 2) does seem strange. What are their records? Are they the only unbeatens in the season? Just want some more back story before I say this shows the rankings are broken.

And the holding you faced on that field goal is unlike anything I've faced so far in the game. Glad you were able to hold on and pull it out.

Last edited by thescoop; 07-26-2009 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

Same thing happened to me with the holding calls. I even had the blocking set on conservative. Gameplaning is not very effective imo.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:59 PM   #4
Rookie

bronko3's Arena

OVR: 3

I made the mistake of turning up the Holding slider from 50 to 55 and wow. I had holding calls every other play. I turned it back down and haven't seen huge problems with it since then. But yes if I got 3 straight holding penalties on a FG it would cause me to break my controller in half.

I did have a punt return the other day where I fair catched the ball and still got called for holding???? I mean c'mon!
Old 07-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #5
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Well stop holding then......sorry, had to say it.

I've not messed with sliders on holding at all and haven't seen it as an issue for me. Wonder if the other two had and this was their issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I think that sometimes the cpu decided the outcome of the game before it even starts.
I agree with you 100%, I played Georgia as Kentucky (I think that's ironic, as I was going to post a thread about a similar subject), I was picked off 5 times, fumbled 2 times, and still scored 28 points in regulation. The game went into OT, Georgia scored on a 25 yard pass (no complaints there, I blitzed and the CB was 1-on-1), when I got the ball I got it to the 5 yard line, I threw a slant pass which always ALWAYS works when they blitz the linebackers (which they did). Somehow one of the LBs intercepted the pass, and yes BOTH LBs blitzed (they were in the nickel). After that I started playing Tennessee, on their first drive, their impact running back broke 8 tackles, I had both strip ball, and big hit on conservative. Then on my drive, I threw a BS pick, pick 6 I get the ball again. Then somehow they force a fumble, my guy was clearly on the ground. I challenged the play, and it wasn't overturned. I quit and came on here.

So in review, EA's mistakes has probably costed me a shot at a virtual national championship, and if I hadn't quit the Tennessee game I probably would've gone from national championship game (assuming I would've won the SEC title game) to New Year's Day bowl game.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:31 PM   #7
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
Cincinnati is in the Big Least and they always over-rank that conference in real life so that seems real to me, but Boise State making it to number two (not saying they wouldn't deserve number 2) does seem strange. What are their records? Are they the only unbeatens in the season? Just want some more back story before I say this shows the rankings are broken.

And the holding you faced on that field goal is unlike anything I've faced so far in the game. Glad you were able to hold on and pull it out.
Ok. The Big East is going to be down this year, no one is denying that, but seriously? The Big East has more than held it's own in Bowl Games since Miami and crew left.

Face it, before Petrino left Louisville and Rich Rod left WVU no one wanted any of Louisville, WVU, and Rutgers. USF to a lesser extint, and Cinci is on the rise.

Louisville is down, and so is WVU, but make no mistake Louisville will be back. The school has the best AD in the country, and Kragthorpe is the only blemish on his record for more than a decade.

It's hard to say Louisville was ever over-rated under Petrino either. A healthy Mike Bush and they would have won the NC instead of the Orange Bowl.

The only thing that seperates the Big East from the rest of the college football power conferences is a handful of middling teams that round on the conference and never do anything.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #8
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

That's the thing Cincinnati is undefeated but Boise St has lost a game but still ranked 2 in the BCS.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »