Home

Whats with QB Sneak?

This is a discussion on Whats with QB Sneak? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 01:30 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Whats with QB Sneak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster-Doofus
I noticed this year that EA decided to put in a automatic QB sneak. Basically when your inside the 5 yardline, and your pick a QB Sneak out of your Goal Line set, your QB just dives on the ground, and tries to pick up the first down.

Well I was playing BYU in the dynasty, and it was 4th and 1 from the 3 yardline. I was just trying to get the first so I could kill the clock before I scored since it was in 4th Quarter. Well, I pick QB Sneak, and instead of letting me control the QB to get the 1st, my QB automatically just dives down to the ground and doesn't get the first down. I could have easily gotten the 1st if I was controlling him, but NO. He could have easily got it but one of my OL was in front of him and had the "running into a wall" effect and and didn't go any where..

This almost cost me the ball game because of this stupid BS annimation. Just let us control the QB just like in the middle of the field.
Yeah, the first time I seen this I thouht it was something I done! I never pick that play now because he'll just dive and won't gain anything. Wasted play. Now I just run an I form double HB doing a FB dive. That's pretty effective cause it's quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #26
Rookie

antdawg9's Arena

OVR: 3

Well I also like the new animation as it's more realistic. True they don't create a pile, but for a game it's as close as it gets. The thing I think the OP is failing to realize or mention is the fact that the QB sneak is dependent on the O-Line push this year. I've run it where my o-line got a good push and I was able to dive for the first. I've had times when my O-Line didn't get any push, and I fell for no gain. I like how it works. And for those saying they always just fall for no gain, well I don't know what you are doing on it, but I've been about 65% successful with it which is much better than the automatic 3 or 4 yards on previous years. It was always aggravating playing someone and on 4th and 2 they run a qb sneak and gets it at a high rate. I mean who runs a sneak on 4th and 2. I actually wish they had this animation throughout the whole field and not just goal line, but this is a step in the right direction to me.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

I feel like the new auto animation should run all the time, regardless of number of d-linemen. Like others have said, run dives, draws, tosses, options - anything but a "sneak" unless it's fourth and very short at your opponent's goal line. I hated how in 09 no matter what you did the QB from under center would magically jump up and dive over everyone into the endzone. That was BS, and I'm glad it's gone!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:09 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

Like mostly everyone else has said, this is a much needed animation. It's way too easy to exploit in the past, now it's exactly how it is supposed to be: a play to gain feet.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:03 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdave39
LMAO at your logic. When have you ever seen a QB sprint down the field on a QB sneak?
Ditto! People complain about cheese, until their cheese play is taken away. I am not saying the original poster is a cheeser, I am just saying the QB running downfield on a QB sneak is not realistic at all. Kind of like scrambling with no pressure. IMO the way EA configured the QB sneak, with the dives, is much more realistic.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

if it's a full yard to go in real life you're likely not going to get it, same way on the game. if you pick the right gap youll get some yardage, if you dont youre likely to get stuffed. dont get pissed at ea, get pissed at yourself at picking the wrong gap or your offensive line for sucking. i agree with the guy who said it should always go to the dive animation no matter what the defense alignment is because i got stuffed on a play where a guy had a 3 man dline and picked the run middle gameplan against me on 4th and an inch because the qb stood straight up instead of diving into the huge gaps on either side of the center.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »