Home

kick returns out of control!!

This is a discussion on kick returns out of control!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 01:13 AM   #9
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: kick returns out of control!!

I returned 2 in a row on heisman because the entire left side of the cpu's defese fell down. This was with the slider on 45. I have it on 35 and I returned a kick in my first game of my UVA dynasty.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:20 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
I returned 2 in a row on heisman because the entire left side of the cpu's defese fell down. This was with the slider on 45. I have it on 35 and I returned a kick in my first game of my UVA dynasty.
last years game was worse IMO, I played 5 min quarters on Heisman all 12 games and my returnman had 12 PR TD and 7 KR TD on the year I believe. It was a joke last year, Ive returned a couple in this game but not nearly as many. Im pretty good at returns anyhow and return a lot against my friends so my results were probably a little extreme.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:22 AM   #11
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjd06e
last years game was worse IMO, I played 5 min quarters on Heisman all 12 games and my returnman had 12 PR TD and 7 KR TD on the year I believe. It was a joke last year, Ive returned a couple in this game but not nearly as many. Im pretty good at returns anyhow and return a lot against my friends so my results were probably a little extreme.
Yeah I agree 09 was worse, but man why is this still an issue? Many teams go years without a kickoff for a TD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 01:28 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
Yeah I agree 09 was worse, but man why is this still an issue? Many teams go years without a kickoff for a TD.
yea, i think they addressed the PR issues because that was the worst last year and I havent seen many PR in this game, but KR might even be worse than last year IMO. This year the computer has done it to me a couple times already too.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:29 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 9

only seems to be an issue with the cpu vs user. user vs user i do not see this. When i play the cpu on default AA my entire team gets pancaked sometimes.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:56 AM   #14
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

The kick off returns are getting ridiculous. Last night I was Cal and was playing Maryland. MD had two returns for TD's and I had three returned for TD's. I also had another kick return that I ran back to inside the 10 yard line so I almost had a fourth.

This is really taking the fun out of the game for me because it is so unrealistic. Way too arcade like. I have read some "work arounds" from people but I am wondering why this is even an issue in the first place that I have to resolve. I have never experienced this in a football game before. I just hope it gets fixed in the next patch.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #15
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
if you have run block over 50 this will happen. put it back to 50 or less and the kick returns will be fine.
Since I need to boost the rushing avg for both human and cpu, instead of increasing run blocking for offense should I decrease rushing defense instead? This would obvioulsy help the rushing avg, but would it prevent kick returns for TD's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 09:26 PM   #16
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

I set Offensive Run Blocking back to 50 and instead decreased the Defense Run stopping ability. As a result, in the last two games I only had one kick returned for a TD. That seems to have done the trick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »