Home

Injuries in '10

This is a discussion on Injuries in '10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #33
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Injuries in '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
Correct me if i am wrong but isnt that the whole risk reward aspect of this years game when dealing with injuries? True guys dont lay on the ground every injury so if thats the problem then fine but saying i want to sub my HB in after a bruised rib or twisted ankle and have that not affect him or his play the rest of the game then this is arcade/ flag football again. One of the big things they did this year was make it so injuries progressed if you chose to play through them and it works great. BTW i have had guys go down several times and not be affected again throughout the game.

O yeh "Dude get off EA's horse"

I could care less who is making the game. I see this all the time, someone likes something about a game and then there bashed for saying something about it. If these forums are just for video games haters please let me know ill leave.
No, but you're pulling out wild excuses to try and justify something that is totally unrealistic. Like one guy said, his two QB's got hurt, starting HB, and WR's got hurt. In all my years of watching football, I've NEVER seen that. I've seen teams banged up, but never that happening all in ONE game. Even if that is an extreme example I've had a similar things occur in my game as well.

There's people on this board that won't call out glitches against EA...instead they'll say, "well, it's possible that could happen in real life...." even thought it never has. I apologize if you're not one of those people.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #34
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I think the injuries are a bit much this year. There are a lot of small injuries which would normally go unreported with no missed time for the player in real life, that in this game require the player to be out several plays. Some guys just seem injury prone despite their good injury ratings. Pryor has an injury rating of 90. The guy has missed at the minimum 15 plays per game due to injuries. I did miss him for 3 games to an injury, but any time he is playing anybody he gets injured against anybody. I've seen him injured 5 times in one game, all different injuries, all after choosing "bench him" for coming back from the injury. The hits he takes aren't even that bad, but he is always down. I understand missing your key player every now and then or playing with injuries, but at times it gets a bit sad, for both my team and the computer. Some games there are multiple injuries per each series.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #35
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

In my first legit dynasty with updated rosters and what not..Bradford out for the season with a shoulder injury against Baylor..not saying it can't happen..just sucked..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 08:38 PM   #36
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
In my first legit dynasty with updated rosters and what not..Bradford out for the season with a shoulder injury against Baylor..not saying it can't happen..just sucked..
Thats funny cause the same thing happened in my dynasty. Bradford went down for the season with a shoulder injury against either Baylor or Miami. I dont use OU but i happened to see that Bradford went down for the season during one of those weeks. Sucked for them cause they ended up going 7-5.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:02 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would like to see when a player gets hurt bad it takes longer than four or five plays to know how bad. It should be before the next game you would know how bad he is hurt.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:04 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy27
I would like to see when a player gets hurt bad it takes longer than four or five plays to know how bad. It should be before the next game you would know how bad he is hurt.
Yeah good idea. Sorda have it where EA just says he wont be returning to the game and is being diagnosed. Then after the game have a pop up like MLB 2k9 does saying how long the injury is.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:37 PM   #39
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
Thats funny cause the same thing happened in my dynasty. Bradford went down for the season with a shoulder injury against either Baylor or Miami. I dont use OU but i happened to see that Bradford went down for the season during one of those weeks. Sucked for them cause they ended up going 7-5.
I play on Heisman..and every game since has been tough, like I think the largest margin of victory that I have had has been like 6..and that was against Texas..every game after that was less than 6 and won on a final drive or a great defensive stop..
Old 07-27-2009, 11:42 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by santeria49
In my opinion, this is the first NCAA to actually do injuries RIGHT. If you don't want anyone to ever get injured just turn them off.

I do think that an injury slider wouldn't be a bad idea. If you really wanted to make it nice, you could add a slider for injury frequency and injury severity.

But, this is football - guys get injured. In previous years of NCAA, I rarely, rarely ever saw a guy miss more than a quarter or two. But, in real football, guys get hurt in almost every game. Look at any team's injury list in the middle of season and probably anywhere from 2-4 guys on the 2-deep are going to miss the next game - and that's the more forunate teams.

I do think, however, that they should make the rosters into 85-man rosters. Having that along with more injuries would be great. If injuries are too realistic with 70-man rosters, then teams are probably going to get a little too thin.
+1 I agree with everything you said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »