Home

Need Defensive Help Bad

This is a discussion on Need Defensive Help Bad within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Need Defensive Help Bad

I don't know what plays to call on defense at all. I am clueless at it, and it's a guess game for me. Don't know what plays defend for passes around the middle, or plays in the flats, etc. Not sure on run defense either. Someone give me some advice and my game online would be much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Need Defensive Help Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
I don't know what plays to call on defense at all. I am clueless at it, and it's a guess game for me. Don't know what plays defend for passes around the middle, or plays in the flats, etc. Not sure on run defense either. Someone give me some advice and my game online would be much better.
defense is a struggle for everyone at some point. hell playing against 3 * teams i still give up 30 points sometimes. i would recommend controlling a interior d lineman or a defensive end. this allows you to have control in stopping the run. once you shut down the run game, it makes the opponent one dimensional. stopping the pass is often difficult. ive had my best success by just using a mix of zone blitzes, cover 2, and man coverage. controlling a defensive lineman will also allow you to get some pressure on the quarterback to force some incompletions. let me know if this helps!
Old 07-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Need Defensive Help Bad

I run a 4-2-5

-------------FS------------
-----SS---LB--LB---SS-----
-CB---DE--DT--DT--DE---CB-

I believe it's the best defense in the game. The four down lineman eat up blockers very well and allow your LB's and two SS safeties to attack the running back. The extra speed allows you to more confidently to play man coverage. You can bring a lot different blitzes in the four packages they give you. You can disguise coverages easily with the two safeties in the box too. As far as who to control I use the SS on the left, he's the back up SS, to roam over the middle and either plug the run or cover the dump off passes and hopefully force the other user to make a tougher throw. This defense defends greatly against the outside runs also, it breaks up options, toss and stretch plays very well. The only weakness really is up the middle if you don't have strong tackles but, they can slow the RB up enough for help to get there before a big gain. This defense isn't about stuffing plays for yardage losses, it's a bend and not break defense.

Utilize the Cover many cover two variations in here; corner blitzes, safety blitzes, middle blitzes. And disguise the "Max Zone" play make it look like you're bringing heavy heat it can rattle a users head because they read blitz and then snap the ball and can't find an open reciever and panic.

Last edited by Special27K; 07-27-2009 at 12:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »