Home

If EA keeps porting NCAA on PS3

This is a discussion on If EA keeps porting NCAA on PS3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #9
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: If EA keeps porting NCAA on PS3

Wait... 1080? Mine will only go 720.. And I'm pretty sure the back of the box says 720.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #10
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
Wait, what about the spinning of the ball? The ball doesn't spin AT ALL on the 360.
No it does spin. Trust me. I just went to Best Buy and played a game and looked at the Instant Replay every time and the ball does spin according to how you press the button.

And as far as the resolution goes, I been playing at 720p. at 1080, you can tell only just a little bit on the fine details such as the grass.

I swear, the ps3 version is damn near laughable. It seems as if EA employees were like "Hey! Did we finish the 360 version?" "We sure did" "How about the ps3?" "Ummmmmm, the ball doesn't spin, the players look like cardboard cutouts, players run like robots, throwing is not as fluid, and....." "Who cares, everybody has a 360, besides, ps3 guys can't tell anyways. Lets put it out" "MMkay boss!"
Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 PM   #11
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecav
Wait... 1080? Mine will only go 720.. And I'm pretty sure the back of the box says 720.
Try setting your PS3 set to 1080i only?

For example, last year when I had 1080i checked on my PS3, it would bump my game down to 480i, so I had to set it at 720p, and it would go no higher than that.

It's like that GTA IV thing. If you have 720p, 1080i checked on your PS3, it'll only come in at 720p, but if you uncheck 720(leaving 1080i checked) it'll come in at 1080i.

Confusing enough? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 11:45 PM   #12
Banned

The game looks worst if you force it to 1080p since the ps3 does not have an upscaler

the game is suppose to be for 720p and it would look better on that setting but the original poster is correct that the 360 version looks much better

same as madden 10..the 360 demo looks sharper

the ps3 has jaggies galore and is not as polished

but they play the same

so dont set your ps3 to 1080p because it will make it looks worst

the 360 has a dedicated upscaler that is why it looks good on 720p and slightly more polished on 1080p for 360
Old 07-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #13
Pro

wisecav's Arena

Yeah I know what you're sayin. And I did that with GTA. Just never thought to do so with NCAA. Mine looks great though. I have no complaints. But 1080>720. Ill try it.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:10 AM   #14
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
No it does spin. Trust me. I just went to Best Buy and played a game and looked at the Instant Replay every time and the ball does spin according to how you press the button.

And as far as the resolution goes, I been playing at 720p. at 1080, you can tell only just a little bit on the fine details such as the grass.

I swear, the ps3 version is damn near laughable. It seems as if EA employees were like "Hey! Did we finish the 360 version?" "We sure did" "How about the ps3?" "Ummmmmm, the ball doesn't spin, the players look like cardboard cutouts, players run like robots, throwing is not as fluid, and....." "Who cares, everybody has a 360, besides, ps3 guys can't tell anyways. Lets put it out" "MMkay boss!"
I wish the quality on EASW didn't blow, or else you could look at all my videos on there and see that the ball never spins. I have yet to watch an instant replay or highlight where the ball spins at all.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:17 AM   #15
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
I wish the quality on EASW didn't blow, or else you could look at all my videos on there and see that the ball never spins. I have yet to watch an instant replay or highlight where the ball spins at all.

Damn, I'm glad people on here agree with my views. I'm not trying to trash EA or NCAA 10, I (used to) love the company and love the game, but seems like the quality of the game, besides a little graphical tweaks here and there and some new additions to the game, went down.

I know EA guys read these forums and hope they come across this and address it either in the next patch or the next game, hopefully the latter. Just little things like that, we tend to notice it's not on there and it's on another system and that's just wrong. I, as a consumer, almost feel cheated and scammed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 03:29 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 22

Well seeing how other multi platform games look generally equal on both systems..this shouldnt be the case with NCAA ..i noticed this too.. the 360 looks alot better overall visually. Sony's Cell is a very exotic processor and hard to program for... thats part of the reason, another reason is the 360's gpu (graphics processor) is better overall then the RSX, something the average gamer dont know....but there is no reason for the game too look this vastly different imho..although im more of a 360 gamer and i have a "jasper" revised 360..thank god! With the cpu and gpu both at 65nm in the jasper 360's.. is a night and day difference in terms of heat being produced..fyi

PS i have had ample time with the ps3 version as well

Last edited by Moegames; 07-28-2009 at 03:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »