Home

The Crowd in NCAA Football 10

This is a discussion on The Crowd in NCAA Football 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: The Crowd in NCAA Football 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90
FIFA is a great example of excellent crowd sounds. Not to mention when you score you get that great feeling that doesn't really happen when you score in NCAA. The players in FIFA all react to the score, whereas in NCAA only a few players acknowledge that you scored.
Yeah, great point. FIFA is a game I freakin' love and I don't even really follow soccer much IRL. I think that says a lot.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-30-2009, 06:16 AM   #34
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Forget FIFA, how about Madden? They have the defense chant in the demo and it sounds a ton better than what NCAA has. I'm sure they could have shared more of that stuff.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:15 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Baseball games will have about 19 (9 fielders, 4 umps + 4 batters, 2 base coaches) players on the field.

If you count in NCAA on next gen, there are probably 150-200 3D players on the field. (22 on each side inbounds, sidelines, cheerleaders, security guards and cameramen and press). Maybe if those are cut down they could consider adding a 3D crowd.

IMO, cutscenes of 3d fans would be good enough.
Those characters you mention are totally static, with the exception of the mascot and a few cheerleaders who move a little. The consumption o CPU power should be negligible. Take a look at APF2K8, the sidelines are dynamic and the crowd is way better than ea's counterpart (Madden or NCAA little difference). I guess there a margin for improvement.

Last edited by bonannogiovanni; 07-30-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 09:21 AM   #36
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

OVR: 5

since you folks are talking about crowds here, let me ask a question; i thought we were supposed to have dynamic crowds this year (ie not always a sellout)? i just played tulane in the super dome and it was full. i have played 3 seasons on RTG and have yet to see anything less than a sellout...
Old 07-30-2009, 10:30 AM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Take a look at APF2K8, the sidelines are dynamic and the crowd is way better than ea's counterpart (Madden or NCAA little difference). I guess there a margin for improvement.
But the player models are in APF are far worse than EA's next gen offering. The graphics were just a spruced up last gen rendition. If EA wanted to produce last gen player models, they could probably make the crowd look great. If the hardware can't do both (and I don't think they can in some of the large stadiums holding over 100,000 fans), I'd rather have good looking player models over a good looking crowd.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
But the player models are in APF are far worse than EA's next gen offering. The graphics were just a spruced up last gen rendition. If EA wanted to produce last gen player models, they could probably make the crowd look great. If the hardware can't do both (and I don't think they can in some of the large stadiums holding over 100,000 fans), I'd rather have good looking player models over a good looking crowd.
I think you're overrating/overvaluing player models in NCAA...

But i agree, who cares about the crowd's visually. I just want to hear cheering AS I run down the field, booing when i throw that 4th int, chanting team specific chants after TDs or home INTs like Clemson's C-L-E-M-S-O-N. It should be deafening as my O takes the field in Gainesville or Death Valley (lsu).

But no. Intead we get 3 highschoolers from orlando saying defense into some microphone packaged in witha few recycled sounds from past versions.

Lets all say it together now: Maybe next year.....
Old 07-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #39
HST
Banned

OVR: 2

It's stunning to me that one person from EA listened to that "defense" chant and said, "yeah, that'll work." Anyone who was able to compose themselves long enough to not bust out in tears and laughter has a profound amount of restraint. Find that guy and train him to play poker. He's a natural and has clearly missed his calling.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #40
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HST
It's stunning to me that one person from EA listened to that "defense" chant and said, "yeah, that'll work." Anyone who was able to compose themselves long enough to not bust out in tears and laughter has a profound amount of restraint. Find that guy and train him to play poker. He's a natural and has clearly missed his calling.

Seriously, that chant sounds awful. I can't remember hearing anything that bad in awhile. And the "Defense" chant sounds good in Madden. Why didn't they just use that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »