Home

The Crowd in NCAA Football 10

This is a discussion on The Crowd in NCAA Football 10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
The Crowd in NCAA Football 10

First of all, I would like to say that NCAA Football 10 (Next Gen) is a big step up from NCAA Football 09. I think a lot of fan requests have been adressed this year. Having said that, I still think that there is still one huge thing that is holding me back from becoming attached to the game, like I get attached to MLB 09 The Show. This "thing" holding me back from fully enjoying the game is non other than the Crowd. The Crowd is where all of the presentation starts..When I say "the Crowd is seriously lacking in NCAA Football 10", I don't mean Fan Cut scenes are lacking, but rather, 3-D Fans are lacking. If MLB 09 The Show can make 50,000+ 3-D animated fans, then why can't EA do it in their Football games?!? I keep hearing that it is not possible for EA to make a fully 3-D animated Crowd in their football games, simply because the Frame rate couldn't handle it. If MLB 09 The Show can do it, then why can't NCAA Football and Madden do it? Not to mention, the new Backbreaker game is rendering 100,000+ 3-D Fans, powered by the Euphoria and Morphene engines. Once again, the only thing that keeps me from wanting to play MLB 09 The Show (PS3) over NCAA Football or Madden, is the Crowd. My only wishlist item for NCAA Football 11 and Madden 11 is a fully-animated 3-D crowd, that responds to real life situations on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The Crowd in NCAA Football 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish103
First of all, I would like to say that NCAA Football 10 (Next Gen) is a big step up from NCAA Football 09. I think a lot of fan requests have been adressed this year. Having said that, I still think that there is still one huge thing that is holding me back from becoming attached to the game, like I get attached to MLB 09 The Show. This "thing" holding me back from fully enjoying the game is non other than the Crowd. The Crowd is where all of the presentation starts..When I say "the Crowd is seriously lacking in NCAA Football 10", I don't mean Fan Cut scenes are lacking, but rather, 3-D Fans are lacking. If MLB 09 The Show can make 50,000+ 3-D animated fans, then why can't EA do it in their Football games?!? I keep hearing that it is not possible for EA to make a fully 3-D animated Crowd in their football games, simply because the Frame rate couldn't handle it. If MLB 09 The Show can do it, then why can't NCAA Football and Madden do it? Not to mention, the new Backbreaker game is rendering 100,000+ 3-D Fans, powered by the Euphoria and Morphene engines. Once again, the only thing that keeps me from wanting to play MLB 09 The Show (PS3) over NCAA Football or Madden, is the Crowd. My only wishlist item for NCAA Football 11 and Madden 11 is a fully-animated 3-D crowd, that responds to real life situations on the field.
Baseball games will have about 19 (9 fielders, 4 umps + 4 batters, 2 base coaches) players on the field.

If you count in NCAA on next gen, there are probably 150-200 3D players on the field. (22 on each side inbounds, sidelines, cheerleaders, security guards and cameramen and press). Maybe if those are cut down they could consider adding a 3D crowd.

IMO, cutscenes of 3d fans would be good enough.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
Rookie

bipolar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Baseball games will have about 19 (9 fielders, 4 umps + 4 batters, 2 base coaches) players on the field.

If you count in NCAA on next gen, there are probably 150-200 3D players on the field. (22 on each side inbounds, sidelines, cheerleaders, security guards and cameramen and press). Maybe if those are cut down they could consider adding a 3D crowd.

IMO, cutscenes of 3d fans would be good enough.
i agree with this..i would love the whole stadium to be 3-d but i would settle for some cutscenes..i just want the crowd to react better to the situations, like on breakaways and cheering for the right team..i played a game yesterday where i was away and i picked the ball off and ran it back for a TD and the home crowd cheered the whole time i was running it back until i got in the endzone and then they started acting mad...looked stupid and very annoying
Old 07-28-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

I'd like to see the crowd not favor one team over the other in bowl games.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
I'd like to see the crowd not favor one team over the other in bowl games.
I have been saying this for the longest time. I don't think it has ever been fixed in the NCAA series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Personally, I dont care what they crowd looks like, I dont pay attention to them, I just want them to be LOUDER and cheer appropriately. They had the loud part right last year, but it seems like they messed it up this. smh
Old 07-28-2009, 01:32 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

The crowds do look awful. I also think the grass is too detailed. Neither is a game killer by any means, but it does detract from the immersion factor.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #8
Rookie

The crowd definitely looks like garbage, though I can understand why you cannot fully animate a crowd in NCAA. As someone pointed out, there are more characters on the field (though that person forgot the bench in MLB The Show. Plus the stadiums are usually bigger. Many baseball stadiums only sit 40k-50k nowadays. Major college football programs seat over 80k people.

I think we're likely a generation or two of consoles away from having a detailed crowd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »