Home

Run commit: Like or dislike?

This is a discussion on Run commit: Like or dislike? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Run commit: Like or dislike?

I've played about 9 games online and have noticed a few things about the run commit. While it may be very effective, it can also cause for huge cutback/open running lanes to teh outside that can be exploited.

Someone used it great on me to stop me in the backfield on the 2 yd line, which ultimately cost me a touchdown. On the other hand, when I played with Jahvid Best Cal's line created huge running lanes on the side when run commit was to the middle. I got 185 on the ground with Best alone.

Sometimes run commit to the middle is easily beat by bouncing it out to the outside where there is almost no one. I would almost rather only commit to the pass when appropriate and leave run commit to 4th and short possibly. Anyone had much success with it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Run commit: Like or dislike?

Dislike the run commit middle can get to the qb before the handoff. I think it is to powerful, players do not flow to the ball that fast and not one player will stay at home to contain the cutback.

I think it should be smoother.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by knaw46
I've played about 9 games online and have noticed a few things about the run commit. While it may be very effective, it can also cause for huge cutback/open running lanes to teh outside that can be exploited.

Someone used it great on me to stop me in the backfield on the 2 yd line, which ultimately cost me a touchdown. On the other hand, when I played with Jahvid Best Cal's line created huge running lanes on the side when run commit was to the middle. I got 185 on the ground with Best alone.

Sometimes run commit to the middle is easily beat by bouncing it out to the outside where there is almost no one. I would almost rather only commit to the pass when appropriate and leave run commit to 4th and short possibly. Anyone had much success with it?

It's terrible and should not be in the game.

This should be a playbook issue. If the defensive playbook wasn't ignored for the last few years they would not need this.

I like the game but this seems like laziness on their part. Rather than improving the defensive playbooks, making it possible to key on things via your play call they added this guessing game garbage and to top it off they made it ridiculously over powered.

If you think they are going to run right you should be able to call a run blitz to that side rather than having every player on your defense turn into either superman or an idiot depending on the offenses play call
Old 07-28-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
Rookie

KentuckyJared20's Arena

OVR: 3

It doesn't work IMO, sometimes even if you guess whether they'll pass, run mid, run right, or run left, it STILL DOESN'T WORK. I'll guess run right, they run a run towards the right side of the line, and the RB will run right (no pun intended) around my D! WTF????
Old 07-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

the defensive playbooks are soo lameee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

I hate it with every bone in my body and it needs to be addressed in patch #2. The DLine turns into a fireball and like someone said your qb will get hit before the handoff. I even had one toss that was intercepted by a defensive lineman in a HB toss!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I love it, it is incredibly easy to beat when they guess wrong, which is most of the time if you mix up your play calling at all.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

I love it too, welcome feature.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »