Home

If you are unhappy with ncaa 10 in it's 1st 2 weeks

This is a discussion on If you are unhappy with ncaa 10 in it's 1st 2 weeks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 01:46 AM   #17
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: If you are unhappy with ncaa 10 in it's 1st 2 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutsdabeast
And you sir are the reason nothing will change. The casual gamer who could care less about the issues that plague this title. EA caters to you. Hope you enjoy this game cause you'll be playing the same game next year and so on and so on...
Why is it that people can't just enjoy a game anymore without someone complaining about it. Maybe they don't mind the problems. Just because you don't like doesn't mean others shouldn't. If you go into a game looking for problems (which most people who dislike EA games do) more than likely you won't enjoy it. It's fine that you don't like it, but when you start blaming people becasue they enjoy something and you don't it's unfair. If you don't like the game don't buy it. It's that simple. If you want to actually try to make it better, do everything in your power to try to make a change instead of berating the game all the time. Start talking to the devs now about next year. Do something but don't bad mouth those who are enjoying themselves. It's unneccessary.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:04 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgators253
Why is it that people can't just enjoy a game anymore without someone complaining about it. Maybe they don't mind the problems. Just because you don't like doesn't mean others shouldn't. If you go into a game looking for problems (which most people who dislike EA games do) more than likely you won't enjoy it. It's fine that you don't like it, but when you start blaming people becasue they enjoy something and you don't it's unfair. If you don't like the game don't buy it. It's that simple. If you want to actually try to make it better, do everything in your power to try to make a change instead of berating the game all the time. Start talking to the devs now about next year. Do something but don't bad mouth those who are enjoying themselves. It's unneccessary.
I'm not berating anybody for enjoying the game. I'm just saying that the casual fan is the reason EA will never improve the game. I was once like that. Where EA could do no wrong. I've pretty much bought every NCAA & Madden every year since 02'. They expect for people to buy the game regardless.

But I was just playing 09' last month and I'm playing this game and I don't feel any real progress was made over the last year. But by all means play the hell out of the game. Enjoy it & love it. I'm just finished. I'll just play games that care more about being innovative. Over being accessible to everyone in the world.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:10 AM   #19
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I'm pretty sure that if everyone on OS decided not to buy NCAA 11 at all, EA would lose less than one percent of their total sales. While we're sitting here without the game...the random people who don't frequent message boards will be buying it...little kids with birthday money will still be buying it...soccer mom's will be buying it for their kids, etc.

I think a more constructive way to get the game "fixed" is to interact with the devs and speak your mind but don't berate them. I guarantee that 9 times out of 10 people have legitimate complaints but the way they convey 'em to the devs just makes it get ignored.
Actually, the targeting market for NCAA is 18-35. There's some under 18 year olds that buy this game but truth of the matter is, most kids like to play other games, not some college football game.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:36 AM   #20
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs78
Actually, the targeting market for NCAA is 18-35. There's some under 18 year olds that buy this game but truth of the matter is, most kids like to play other games, not some college football game.
that might be the target age, but this game is targeted at kids. ie family play, mascot games, dancing mascots, etc.

EA knows they can count on the same people to purchase eery year, so there's no need to cater to them, which would be us. That's why it's moved further away from being a sim.

Alas, I'm convinced that no amount of suckiness or glitches will keep people away from this game, and EA knows that by now. I mean just look at this board. It hit an all-time high for visitors while people were waiting for a PS3(on a Sat. night no less) roster to come out. PS3! And the PS3 version is probably bought by about 30% less people than the 360 version.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:41 AM   #21
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

I could care less if you don't want any other EA game. They will get my $35 again next year.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 02:47 AM   #22
Banned

Bulldogs78's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
that might be the target age, but this game is targeted at kids. ie family play, mascot games, dancing mascots, etc.

EA knows they can count on the same people to purchase eery year, so there's no need to cater to them, which would be us. That's why it's moved further away from being a sim.

Alas, I'm convinced that no amount of suckiness or glitches will keep people away from this game, and EA knows that by now. I mean just look at this board. It hit an all-time high for visitors while people were waiting for a PS3(on a Sat. night no less) roster to come out. PS3! And the PS3 version is probably bought by about 30% less people than the 360 version.
You speak the truth friend. I am convinced as well. But there is a profit loss. Each year, the marketing department gets a quota to meet. Sales are good this year, there will be some Xmas bonuses in the mail. Sales slip, unemployment, demotions, and other things unmentionable ensue. And I don't wish anything bad upon anybody. It's just the nature of it all.

But this will also push devs and co. to put out quality games.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:27 AM   #23
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I'm pretty sure that if everyone on OS decided not to buy NCAA 11 at all, EA would lose less than one percent of their total sales. While we're sitting here without the game...the random people who don't frequent message boards will be buying it...little kids with birthday money will still be buying it...soccer mom's will be buying it for their kids, etc.

I think a more constructive way to get the game "fixed" is to interact with the devs and speak your mind but don't berate them. I guarantee that 9 times out of 10 people have legitimate complaints but the way they convey 'em to the devs just makes it get ignored.
This was a great post especially the last paragraph, but here is the issue. There comes a time when you are screwed so much that you lose the ability or the desire to give constructive feedback. 2 years in a row the game ships with broken sliders. This year the auto sub sliders and fatigue rates are all ished up. It's like the jilted female lover. At first she tries to understand why you treat her so bad and she gives you the benefit of the doubt, but eventually she says %^&! it and tosses hot coffee in your face. There's only so much we should have to take.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:41 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

the gameplay is a lot better this year (specifically defense) but they can definately work on the little things and revamp the presentation. marching bands is just something else for me to skip over in the beginning of the game. i want substance. something that adds replay value. season showdown is interesting for sure. but i just wish ea wouldnt ruin something like that with the sportsmanship being unrealistic. making me run from the start of the 2nd half on or penalizing me? get real. does tx tech stop passing when theyre up by 21? does mizzou? no! they put their backups in and give them a go. penalize me if i keep my 1s in but if i want my 2s to get a feel for the college game then let me EA. for petes sake!
43 Conference Championships
3 Heisman Winners
106 All-Americans
on going NCAA Record 304 Consecutive Sellouts
There is No Place Like Nebraska

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »