Home

The 3-2-6 is still the most dominating online Defense

This is a discussion on The 3-2-6 is still the most dominating online Defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #1
Can U spare a dollar?

GHUGHES's Arena

OVR: 9
The 3-2-6 is still the most dominating online Defense

I took my skills online today bad idea first game was against a guys who's record was like 105-22 IIRC his GT was No1CanseeME or something like that any way.

I get the ball first I come out in I form tight he is in 3-2-6 I called a HB slam I couldn't my QB was sacked before even handing off. BTW he had Ohio State I had Bama.

Second play I go 3 wide and he calls the 3-2-6 And rushes 1 guy has 10 men playing pass covarge 1 guy rucshing and he get pressure lol so at this point Im inclined to request a friendly quit but i didnt because I wanted to see how the big boys play so third down I go Ace Big HB dive 1-5-5 D Play gets blown up in the backfield.

So I his first offensive possession he comes out in goaline so I counter by going 4-6 what was i thinking audible into 4 wide set middle slants all game T Pryor roll outs even when I used my roll out counter Dime corner blitz he just lobed it up across the middle for big gain.

This game isn't as bad as i thought it would be offline with sliders adjusted but online unless you get some Straight up players it's still roll and chuck with the 3-2-6 1-5-5 D fest.

I guess what Im saying is it's a shame you cant make cheesers pay for doing dumb crap. Hopefully Madden will be better but I doubt it there is prolly someone perfecting the cheese right now in demo mode

Final Score OSU 45 Bama 28 back to Dynasty mode until madden comes out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 12:07 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 20
Re: The 3-2-6 is still the most dominating online Defense

How bout this? You play me. You call 3-2-6 all game. I run for 400 yards.

Nub.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Rookie

MMMonty's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILZPWN
How bout this? You play me. You call 3-2-6 all game. I run for 400 yards.

Nub.
You've never played against someone who can run a 3-2-6 have you? It's can be difficult to get anything going...nub
Old 07-29-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Last year when I played online that's what I ran 80% and it's tough to beat. But there was I guy that was like 136-25 or something, so I played him. I was Ohio State and he was USC. All he did was run HB Direct and then when I loaded up the box he threw. I couldn't stop him. All he ran was HB Directs, WR Screens, and All Fades. So, you have to cheese to stop cheese. I was down like 28 to 7 at the start of the 3rd quarter. So I went with Punt Block Zone all second half and won the game 38-35. So it's quite possible to beat the 3-2-6, not saying I'm a pro at running it but I've played people that shut me down with it. Anyways, you've got to be creative to beat 3-2-6. Run plays you don't normally run, that's how I beat it, because the other guy isn't looking for it either.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I've found the 1-5-5 to be much more dominant than a 3-2-6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHUGHES
I took my skills online today bad idea first game was against a guys who's record was like 105-22 IIRC his GT was No1CanseeME or something like that any way.

I get the ball first I come out in I form tight he is in 3-2-6 I called a HB slam I couldn't my QB was sacked before even handing off. BTW he had Ohio State I had Bama.

Second play I go 3 wide and he calls the 3-2-6 And rushes 1 guy has 10 men playing pass covarge 1 guy rucshing and he get pressure lol so at this point Im inclined to request a friendly quit but i didnt because I wanted to see how the big boys play so third down I go Ace Big HB dive 1-5-5 D Play gets blown up in the backfield.

So I his first offensive possession he comes out in goaline so I counter by going 4-6 what was i thinking audible into 4 wide set middle slants all game T Pryor roll outs even when I used my roll out counter Dime corner blitz he just lobed it up across the middle for big gain.

This game isn't as bad as i thought it would be offline with sliders adjusted but online unless you get some Straight up players it's still roll and chuck with the 3-2-6 1-5-5 D fest.

I guess what Im saying is it's a shame you cant make cheesers pay for doing dumb crap. Hopefully Madden will be better but I doubt it there is prolly someone perfecting the cheese right now in demo mode

Final Score OSU 45 Bama 28 back to Dynasty mode until madden comes out
Not everyone plays like this just so you know.

Two things I would note here though.

1) As a poster above said, 3-2-6 can be very, very tough to stop.
2) Was he using a de contain glitch? I've played a lot of people who have used that.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I haven't played online so far for NCAA 10 but have you tried this?:

Strong I with 2 TE formation- FB dive, sweep or toss, and mix in screens, quick slants for run commit? i want to know the effectiveness of these plays as I am experimenting with west coast.

In 09 if I saw them in 326 man = 4wr speed option
3wr trio middle slant
any mesh
326 zone = draws, y trips wr screen, slot
drive if they control mlb,
verticals, smash
I ran the spread option so that stopped them from going with 326. Quarters was FAR more effective against me. Still, I beat quarters cover 3 fake blitz with corner strike.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

Quarters 3 deep can stop the run too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »