Home

THe AI Option is completely inecffective, EA please fix.

This is a discussion on THe AI Option is completely inecffective, EA please fix. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #25
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: THe AI Option is completely inecffective, EA please fix.

Here are a couple vids of the MN QB optioning to my FS.

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/8120104

http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/8120418
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 04:24 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronk_Bonin
Did you find anything?
Found that the only way to help out the AI on options is to raise their Run Block slider way up. Unfortunately, this kills the kick-offs. Need to wait for the patch. The AI even with good blocking doesn't have very good pitch logic.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Yes. This area of the game needs to be patched. Playing against the CPU using an spread option attack is too easy. On occassion, the CPU will make a good pitch, but mostly they are brain dead and/or indecisive.
i intercepted a cpu pitch today and took it to the house...
Old 08-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #28
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbc72
I'm not certain, but I'm thinking that if the defensive player is closer to the RB than to the QB, the QB will hold the ball, and if the defender is right next to the QB then the QB will pitch even if the defender is in position to intercept.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #29
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

The option is broken at the scheme blocking level and has been forever. Stylee among others has touched on this, but until they make the blocking schemes universally more complex, the option will not be fixed and I doubt they will be able to patch it. The option, especially for a team like Oregon, calls for a player to be left unblocked in order for a "read" to take place. A lineman being left unblocked happens on all option plays (QB Choice, Speed Option, etc.) and rather than having to read a lineman in the game, it's the faster, smarter linebackers who are unblocked in the video game where they are usually steamrolled on a successful option play in real life. If anyone is interested on a more detailed breakdown, I'd suggest searching for some of stylee's past threads or going to a football blog like "Doc Saturday" or "Smart Football." Hope this brings clarity to the situation, and it's a shame the option hasn't ever been run correctly.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #30
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
The option is broken at the scheme blocking level and has been forever. Stylee among others has touched on this, but until they make the blocking schemes universally more complex, the option will not be fixed and I doubt they will be able to patch it. The option, especially for a team like Oregon, calls for a player to be left unblocked in order for a "read" to take place. A lineman being left unblocked happens on all option plays (QB Choice, Speed Option, etc.) and rather than having to read a lineman in the game, it's the faster, smarter linebackers who are unblocked in the video game where they are usually steamrolled on a successful option play in real life. If anyone is interested on a more detailed breakdown, I'd suggest searching for some of stylee's past threads or going to a football blog like "Doc Saturday" or "Smart Football." Hope this brings clarity to the situation, and it's a shame the option hasn't ever been run correctly.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-fix-long.html
Old 08-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #31
Rookie

Cwb917's Arena

OVR: 3

im playing road to glory as a MTSU RB, my goofy qb pitches in maybe once out of every 15 times we run the spread option. Hes beyond dense. Alot of times i'll be alone on the outside but he's content getting triple team tackled.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 02:03 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
I won't argue that the blocking is broken, but the pitch logic is what is making this a loss 99% of the time. Last year we had the Cement Shoe Shuffle QB Choice play that was an automatic loss for the AI, this year we have the option.

AI Scrambling QB's don't really scramble and take off either. The Dual threat QB is just a crappy passer in this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »