Home

The deep pass

This is a discussion on The deep pass within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The deep pass

I have never been able to be successful with deep passes. Just once, I'd like to be able to throw the ball over the defender on a deep route. I don't think I ever have. Any tips?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The deep pass

this game seems to be a lot harder to do that...your speedy WR has to beat his man down the field and if you don't deliver the ball on time the defender will catch up and swat it...I had my guy get bumped in mid stride by the CB and the ball was in the air no pass interference...I was like wtf?

it's tough but learn to user catch...only way really

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Old 07-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Threadstarter, unfortunately, the DB's catch up too fast while the ball is in the air. Still, if you time it right you can complete it, but the DB will be right on you when you do. It's kinda bad because I've had 5 yd steps on a DB, I'll throw the ball with the appropriate velocity, and the DB will still catch up. I'll catch it, but I'll get tackled immediately,when I should have had enough room to catch and run for a TD
Old 07-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25

WR HAS to beat his man. From there some TOUCH on the pass and a quality WR doesn hurt. just practice and you will start hitting them, but not every BOMB or deep pass you throw will be effective, which i LOVE.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #5
Rookie

MMMonty's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm having pretty good success with the deep lob. My receiver has 93 spd. I guess one thing you need to look for is what the safety is doing. If he takes a step back like he's going to play a deep zone, then the odds of completing it aren't good, so look for one on one coverage with the corner. It helps to know what quality of player the CB is before you play. Good luck.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #6
Rookie

milmont77's Arena

OVR: 5

one of my favorite deep ball tactics requires patience and a speed WR. on any given pass play, I MIGHT be looking deep. I'm waiting for the safties to be involved somewhere other than deep so I have a CB on my speed WR running a fly. If I have the 1 on 1, I am looking for my WR to have a little separation on the inside of the field. As soon as I see that, The ball is gone. Bullet pass, leading as far to the inside of the field as possible. Ball is in the air and I am manually on the WR, sprinting deep and towards the lead pass. catch it and it's 6. since i use cupcake teams i have to deal with errant throws from rattled QB's playing away games... but I can usually pull this off once a game. just gotta set it up by grinding or under neath passes so the opponent brings his saftey in for support which takes time too. If you keep taking shots with the long ball, a good defensive strategist will take it away.

Last edited by milmont77; 07-29-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
Rookie

turfguy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Pump fake works wonders for my deep passes. I try to fake towards the opposite side (if it matters). Sometimes the DB's bite on the fake and you'll have WR's wide open. It takes time to set up but that's the way it should be. If your being blitzed you need to find your hot route or a hit a RB.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Playaction and pump fakes couldn't hurt. I also like that you can't just bomb away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »