Home

Would you buy this game? (Read carefully before you post)

This is a discussion on Would you buy this game? (Read carefully before you post) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Rookie

KennyLSU's Arena

OVR: 5
Would you buy this game? (Read carefully before you post)

So after reading everyone talk about how EA has not met everyone's expectations for this game I got to thinking about something. What is it that drives people to buy NCAA football? Is it being able to play with your favorite team? Not sure if that is the case for everyone seeing as how the main 3 teams played with online are UF and tOSU. Is it the online play? I think this is more of the OD than actual games online because of all the cheesers out there. Is it the Offline Dynasty? I think the majority of people like playing with small schools and bringing them up even if they don't know much about them.

So this is the hypothetical scenario. If an independent company came out with a college football game that had correct numbers, ratings, great AI, OD, all the bells and whistles that everyone is asking for, BUT every team was not original. For example, instead of LSU Tigers, it was Baton Rouge University. The colors were still purple and gold, they still played in Tiger Stadium, the same players and numbers and everything. Would you buy this game over EA's NCAA Football?

The question is what do you want more? Authentic teams with a flawed game, or fake teams with an unflawed game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
Rookie

joehoo's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Would you buy this game? (Read carefully before you post)

I would buy it. We need more options for college football.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3

I would have to go with the real teams and flawed game. I like the real teams feel. I have to admit though I like the authentic stuff, but i don't nit pick every detail. i have to be honest and say i don't know that i would have noticed a lot of the little things if i didn't come here and read about them. I do see things I would like to be better, but overall I am very happy with the game as is. I would be even more excited though if things were better.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #4
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

What you said is actually a good idea. But I'm sure EA would put a block on any game that possibly allowed you to create-a-team and use NCAA teams. Plus, it'd be hard for any company to make a knock-out punch to EA type game on the first time out.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
Rookie

That is a tough one...because not only would the teams be different but you'd have to remember alot of the other stuff is exclusively liscensed. There would be no BCS poll, the bowl games would have to be different...Instead of the Rose Bowl it would be the Tulip Bowl...Heisman would be the He-man Trophy...just don't think that it could even happen...Conferences would be different instead of SEC...it would have to be the South Division or something like that...just don't think that I'd buy it...

But if it were basically perfect in terms of gameplay, dynasty type feature etc...I might...

I was actually thinking a High School football game would be a PERFECT format for the type of game that you are thinking off...with the ability to CUSTOMIZE what you see fit as the driving feature...

With the ability to Pick a State where you play ball, have that states playoff format (ex: Florida has a playoff, and some other states just have a championship game)...The game comes with you know 100 or so generic teams like the Rockville High Spartans or whatever, but your able to edit anyteam you want from logo to name to where they are, generate team rosters, and edit players if you'd like; rearrange divisons, conferences etc.

And gameplay would have a bigger emphasis on highschool offenses and defenses....it would be awesome to have to play a Wishbone one week, then try to adjust to an I, then maybe to a spread, maybe even include the A-11, more gimmick and trick plays, fend off old school wing T formations....and have a much better off-season and inseason option to develop your players.

I think this type of game would be a hell of a lot of fun, because of the big variety that the high school game has to offer...you wouldn't have to worry about copyrights and trade marks and it could be realistic if you allow people to customize the game to their liking. IMO a much more realistic option for 2k Sports and other game developers, because I think your gonna find that most people aren't going to go for a Pro styled game like All-Star 2k or a College Generic Game with Baton Rouge University etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 03:06 PM   #6
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytay10
I would have to go with the real teams and flawed game. I like the real teams feel. I have to admit though I like the authentic stuff, but i don't nit pick every detail. i have to be honest and say i don't know that i would have noticed a lot of the little things if i didn't come here and read about them. I do see things I would like to be better, but overall I am very happy with the game as is. I would be even more excited though if things were better.
This is how I feel.

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I'd prefer an FCS football game over a completely fictional league and I'm not even a huge FCS fan. If there was some sort of loophole that would allow a company to use FCS teams and the gameplay was solid, I'd be all over it.

Last edited by prowler; 07-29-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:36 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only reason I am renting it is Road to Glory. I have no interest at all in Dynasty anymore. Still waiting for Gamefly to ship it though(been waiting since Saturday)
Old 07-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #8
Rookie

there has never nor will there ever be a game with perfect gameplay.Thats all objective.To me 2k5 was garbage,even in its prime(i like the presentation though)I would have to say that id go with Authentic teams though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »