Home

Passing to TE across the middle

This is a discussion on Passing to TE across the middle within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Passing to TE across the middle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Agreed, if anything it feels to easy to complete.
It depends on the level you play on and stuff so everyones opinions will be different.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

I think it depends a lot on the rating of your QB and TE. Also, you have to judge if you want to touch pass or gun it. I have good luck with Iowa but they have a decent QB and a good TE. Playaction TE drags to the strong side of the field are money as long as the line holds up. I usually get between 4 to 6 catches a game out of my starting TE, and 1 to 3 out of the #2 guy who is decent in his own right.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 07-30-2009, 12:22 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

I find that I only pass to my slot receiver, tight end, and RB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

i guess i need some training with you guys that are having success with the TE across the middle cause i'm in the same boat with over shooting him. i'm playing with louisville. i say about 60% of the time it just sails right down the field.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:04 AM   #13
Rookie

aldogg's Arena

OVR: 2

Having tons of success over the middle and on 5-10yd outs, of course my TEs have speed in the 80s so it's like the previous posters suggested. (It could be the athletic TEs)
Old 07-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm playing on Heisman level with 20 QB ACC and 50 WR catch. I run the Spread offense with a 99 rated QB and an 85 rated TE (rated 80 catch). I run a shotgun play where the TE streaks across the middle to the weak side (to the left). I either over shoot him with a bullet pass or he drops the pass with a loftier pass. I don't know if the play is bugged or am I doing something wrong.

I have even tried running the play in Weekly Practice and I can complete the pass 10% of the time. The TE only catches the ball at the start of his streak across the middle. Once the TE is parallel to the QB it sails over his head or he drops it.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #15
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermann
I'm playing on Heisman level with 20 QB ACC and 50 WR catch. I run the Spread offense with a 99 rated QB and an 85 rated TE (rated 80 catch). I run a shotgun play where the TE streaks across the middle to the weak side (to the left). I either over shoot him with a bullet pass or he drops the pass with a loftier pass. I don't know if the play is bugged or am I doing something wrong.

I have even tried running the play in Weekly Practice and I can complete the pass 10% of the time. The TE only catches the ball at the start of his streak across the middle. Once the TE is parallel to the QB it sails over his head or he drops it.
Only thing I can think of is that your also trying to use the precision pass feature which is the left analog stick and the ball goes over his head because your pressing forward on it. Im playing on the same setings but qb acc at 10 so that's not the issue and my im using FSU (QB Ponder 89 and TE 86)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 01:44 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I use the D-pad and the assigned receiver button. if I push up and bullet, it sails over his head. if I press diag. left, it sails out of reach, etc etc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »