Home

Overall positive impression so far

This is a discussion on Overall positive impression so far within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 03:32 AM   #1
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Overall positive impression so far

I've been playing NCAA 10 for about a week (have played a ton out of past games), so far I have posted some critical stuff but am liking the game overall.

I like the new bad passes. Bad passes being a good thing. From inaccurate QBs, or QBs under pressure. Sometimes just wobbling up into the air, other times being way overthrown or underthrown. Balls are actually hitting the ground.

I've only played 4 games so far, but I am liking the gameplay pretty well. I've seen a few glitches and am a little disappointed in season showdown. I am liking the current recruiting interface, and I am really pleased with TeamBuilder despite the censorship issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 05:52 AM   #2
Rookie

gotvols's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Overall positive impression so far

I like the fact when you put pressure on the QB it actually affects the QB. That's how it should be. Even when you try throwing on the run unless that is one of your QB's skills the pass will be off. Like in the past you could just run and throw and the ball would be on target or close for you WR to catch it.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I halfway like the game on the field. Passing is pretty good. Rushing - not so much. OL are just too stupid to run block.

Dynasty mode has worn me down. No changes at all since next-gen started. I can't keep myself entertained by reading one sentence in the "local newspaper" about my team. I have no desire to continue.

Online is not fun. I have been playing CoD and Rock Band online a lot lately. Those are a blast. Online NCAA is frustrating, especially when you line up against a cheeser. I don't have an hour to commit to online football I guess.

4/10 is my final score. I really did try to like this game.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah, the blocking would be my biggest complaint with the gameplay. It's really, really screwy.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #5
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Dynasty mode has worn me down. No changes at all since next-gen started.
I have to disagree with you on that one. This year was the first year we didn't do anything major to dynasty mode.

07 - Implementation of dynasty mode on a "from scratch" title
08 - Total revamp of recruiting, promises, coach integrity, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting. It was enough to warrant marketing to use the term "revolutionary" on the packaging.
09 - Put it online. If I remember correctly, many video game critics called it one of the best features to date in sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Hey Adam,

Sorry for posting bad info. I'm talking about mainly changes to the week-to-week stuff. Like the stuff that is supposed to simulate the weekly anticipation of gameday. Same Heisman watch, National and Local headlines which are very weak and vague, Standings, BCS ranks... etc.

This is the stuff that is wearing on me. There is nothing encouraging me to go on to the next week. Just feels like I'm playing for nothing if I'm not in the national title hunt or the heisman hunt.

If I'm running a dynasty with Idaho, what good are the Heisman and BCS list to me? What is in it for my team, other than the local newspaper blurb?
Old 07-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
Hey Adam,

Sorry for posting bad info. I'm talking about mainly changes to the week-to-week stuff. Like the stuff that is supposed to simulate the weekly anticipation of gameday. Same Heisman watch, National and Local headlines which are very weak and vague, Standings, BCS ranks... etc.

This is the stuff that is wearing on me. There is nothing encouraging me to go on to the next week. Just feels like I'm playing for nothing if I'm not in the national title hunt or the heisman hunt.

If I'm running a dynasty with Idaho, what good are the Heisman and BCS list to me? What is in it for my team, other than the local newspaper blurb?
Winning the WAC and busting the BCS party would be my goals.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

My only complaint really is that when you try to throw the ball away when your getting sacked your qb tosses the ball in the air for a easy pick instead of spiking it down. It gets really annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »