Home

Robo QB

This is a discussion on Robo QB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 04:21 PM   #57
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Robo QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Okay, we get it da Throne and hcopenhagenh are against slider's.

And I'll be the first to admit they're definitely not for everyone.In a perfect world we the A.I. would be perfect and we would all have great games "out of the box". But, the fact of the matter is that the ability to adjust slider's is what the majority of this community wants and if they slider's weren't in the game there would be more people disappointed than if they couldn't adjust them.

So what I am trying to say is they're not "a crutch". They are an essential part of the game there to make everyones experience different therefore, more enjoyable.

And as far as being "a cheat"..... No they are not used for cheating. At least not by most people anyway. I could see if someone abused them and adjusted all of the slider's in their favor. But, how is it cheating if I'm playing on Heisman and I have my and the CPU's QB's accuracy both set at 5??

That's not cheating it leveling the playing field in order to get a more enjoyable playing experience based on my level of play. So, to take that out of then game would be incompericable IMO.
Once again not against sliders. I dont have a problem with people customizing there game. But when ratings dont affect anything on the field(besides speed) I think thats a problem thats being masked by sliders.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:33 PM   #58
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

I've been playing NCAA for many years and I do not believe that there is any comeback code.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:35 PM   #59
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
Robo QB, also known as user failure to stop the CPU. Also known as bad players making excuses.
Agreed.

I do think that if you don't play a certain way, then you won't be able to stop the CPU QB, and he will appear to be incapable of making mistakes. Unfortunately in this game you are still better off playing the same kind of defense over and over against the CPU, rather than trying to mix it up.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:38 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
Me too. I didn't say they were stupid and had no purpose. I don't understand why they are there. To me if the game doesn't play correct out of the box is it broken. Sliders are a crutch and to me it is cheating. If you can't beat the CPU out of the box then move down to JV. If you can't win on JV then you should probably stop playing the game. If AA is too easy then move up to Heisman. If Heisman is too easy then play online.
Congradulations, that may be the most rediculous statement I've ever heard regarding this game.

Heaven forbid making the game fun for everyone. Your fun is not my fun, and that street runs both ways.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:44 PM   #61
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Congradulations, that may be the most rediculous statement I've ever heard regarding this game.

Heaven forbid making the game fun for everyone. Your fun is not my fun, and that street runs both ways.
I dont think the idea is that foreign. Like I mentioned there has been plenty of games with some form of AI without sliders.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 05:47 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I dont think the idea is that foreign. Like I mentioned there has been plenty of games with some form of AI without sliders.
I get that, but when we have the ablity to make the game fun for all why not do it? So if you're one of those tweener players you're just SOL when it comes to the game?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #63
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
I get that, but when we have the ablity to make the game fun for all why not do it? So if you're one of those tweener players you're just SOL when it comes to the game?
There really isnt a need to remove sliders. But I dont think it should be the main thing that impacts the on field play. Right now there over 50 ratings I believe and based on every game this gen(I havent played 10) only like 5 to 7 rating actually matters.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:03 PM   #64
You know why I'm here...

jWILL253's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
You have to realize that most people who play this game think that NCAA football should play like a Vince Young/Reggie Bush highlite reel. Apparantly that and Mascots doing Barrell Rolls is what a majority of the people want.

I'm OK with that, but I need sliders to make the game more sim-like.

I look at our online dynasty, there are NCAA football die hards in that league. And yet some people are destroying the AI and some are losing to the AI on occassion. Until we've progressed to the point of completely adaptive AI, you will need sliders to cater to the players need.

Thank Goodness most of the sliders seem to work this year.
I think people underestimate the intelligence of the casual fan. Now, people may want a more exciting game, but the Mascot Mash-Up is an uneeded and useless feature...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »