Home

2 weeks after release. How have your impressions changed?

This is a discussion on 2 weeks after release. How have your impressions changed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #33
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: 2 weeks after release. How have your impressions changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armitage
I still wish EA would punish linebackers when they go into man coverage against a halfway decent wide receiver. I still can't even throw in a linebacker's direction when they go into coverage, or else they will make an incredible pick.

I blamed the sliders I've been using for a pick Maryland's LB Adrian Moten made in a game, where he jumped 10 feet in the air with his back to the ball to make a one handed pick. He was in man coverage with a receiver. It was a perfect throw that should have been an easy six but Moten had to be given superhuman powers. I'm even afraid to throw over the head of an LB when he drops into zone coverage because he'll make a huge jump to make a pick or swat the ball out of the air on the rare occasion he doesn't make a pick.

It's an issue I've had for years. I wish I could take advantage of a mismatch for once.
I agree but I must admit passing over linebackers is much more realistic now, at least against a zone. One thing that is worse this year is the man coverage. If I see another def player run a route as if he is the pass catcher I'm gonna scream. That is ridiculous.

And as you said the pass coverage sliders is basically adding more or less cheese to the situation. If set very high you see some crazy ish.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:02 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
If they fix dynasty player progression I wouldn't hesitate putting this at the top as best NCAA football game of all time. Game play is very good. Dramatic sliders have made this game much more customizable giving me the best CPU challenge to date. Presentation is bland, but the living stadiums and lighting are amazing. Would like to see the same dramatic effects that were applied to the sliders after patch #1 also be applied sub-in/out settings. As of right now because of the progression I can't get my dynasty fix on which is all I play. The game for me is teetering on the edge of unplayable to greatest college ball game ever. As crazy as that may sound.
Seriously? I was looking for the sarcasm but can't find it
H AVE YOU PLAYED LAST GEN 04-07? These versions still tower over any next gen version of the game. There is just still so much missing from the game as compared to last gen.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:10 AM   #35
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

the more I play the more I love this game. Takes some getting used to, and it is a good change. NCAA 10 is a damn good football game, but beware, the cheesers don't like this game, it is not an arcade game, it is a game of hardcore strategy. the people who dont like this game are more into arcade family style play, This game is for the hardcore!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 03:32 AM   #36
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

I haven't touched it. I've been playing the demo of Madden to much. I still think NCAA is a good game but, IMO I just can't get into it. The atmosphere has got to get better. The only difference in games are if it has commentary. Very blah...

But, I will say this. I'm not trading it in because I'll play it when my friends come over. They like college ball more than NFL when it comes to video games.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 AM   #37
Rookie

Dynamite's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
the more I play the more I love this game. Takes some getting used to, and it is a good change. NCAA 10 is a damn good football game, but beware, the cheesers don't like this game, it is not an arcade game, it is a game of hardcore strategy. the people who dont like this game are more into arcade family style play, This game is for the hardcore!

You're kidding. The same roll out and break all coverage offense is still basically unstoppable and ranked teams have a mysterious Jesus factor that causes them to force 3 fumbles a game in scoring position. This game does not reward football knowledge, and in some cases it outright punishes knowledge.
Our purchasing power is being eroded. So especially now, the goods must be held to a standard. We end up happier as consumers, and the companies get a clear message: "We won't tolerate sub-par goods." It's a shame, no one cares to speak with their wallet.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 34

I enjoy it a great deal. I understand how to set up my coaching adjustments, along with the coaching keys, and the pre-snap adjustments on both sides of the ball.

Makes things a world of fun.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

Still having fun with it. A good set of workable sliders has made it challenging again.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #40
Rookie

Sack Attack's Arena

OVR: 4

With the addition of working sliders (.....) I am having a great time with this game. I love the gameplay. If a second patch comes out and fixes this dynasty nonsense, it could be one of the greats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »