Home

2 weeks after release. How have your impressions changed?

This is a discussion on 2 weeks after release. How have your impressions changed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: 2 weeks after release. How have your impressions changed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
You didn't even need to say all that that.

All you needed to say is that dime/nickel can stop the run when the offense lines up in big formations. That is what is killing NCAA for me.
This is so true. This is killing the game for me. Along with not being able to muster any kind of run game in Spread Formations. Many of the Spread teams spread the defense out to give the ball to the athlete to let them run the ball. You can't do it with this game.

The entire offensive and defensive philosophy behind the EA programming team is whack.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
NCAA is starting to feel like the old Madden where every team plays the same... and it's quite boring.
I haven't thought of it in these terms, but this is true. Every playbook is the same and essentially makes every team play the same. Ratings mean nothing which makes every team play the same.

There is a definite need for custom playbooks and being able to take these playbooks online.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #51
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
With all due respect you've got it backwards. NCAA 10 is very arcadish and there is almost NO STRATEGY involved (and no, the game planning features is not strategy~ it's arcade!)

ARCADE Facts:

1. speed kills~ the game needs to be slowed down
2. QB scrambles~ ridiculous
3. robo QB still exists due to broken progression
** by year three the cpu QB's are amazing!!!

Other:

hmmm... no refs, no coaches, nor formation subs, and no editable playbooks.... that doesn't sound sim or hardcore~ that's arcade! Let's get back to the greatness we had on last gen (aka 06).

hmmm...what the hell? no refs, no coaches, formation subs, you are the damn coach, the refs come on when their is a penalty otherwise why in the hell would you want to see the refs in a video game, sounds a little weird. I make my subs through packages no problems. Sounds like you are a basher waiting for madden to come out, then you will bash it. Damn good HARDCORE game, if it isn't for you, SORRY, YOUR OUT OF LUCK! NUFF SAID!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 06:33 PM   #52
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
You didn't even need to say all that that.

All you needed to say is that dime/nickel can stop the run when the offense lines up in big formations. That is what is killing NCAA for me.
Funny, that is not a problem for me, playing on AA, guy got pissed because I went to a heavy set saturday night and he was in a dime package with no huddle. We laughed at it, finally he called time out and he made the change to a 4-3 look and proceded to stuff my ***.
Are you playing last years game? Sounds like you may want to pick another team to run with that has a running game I am serious, not making fun of you but. Now don't come back with I am running with some BEAST MODE TEAM, WITH A BEAST BACK!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:36 PM   #53
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm not the only one posting this.

On the other hand, I am using Texas Tech. The RB is very good, but I don't know about the OL's run block ratings. Either the game is flawed, or the rated Texas Tech poorly. They actually run well because defenses come out in pass defenses.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 6

Stopped playing altogether expect for 2 OD. Again another lame NCAA game.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
hmmm...what the hell? no refs, no coaches, formation subs, you are the damn coach, the refs come on when their is a penalty otherwise why in the hell would you want to see the refs in a video game, sounds a little weird. I make my subs through packages no problems. Sounds like you are a basher waiting for madden to come out, then you will bash it. Damn good HARDCORE game, if it isn't for you, SORRY, YOUR OUT OF LUCK! NUFF SAID!
No disrespect but exactly how many NCAA football games have you played? If you have played any on last gen then you surely must see how foolish your retort is regarding my above post. Let's review some of your non-sensical observations for everyone to enjoy.

1. You don't want refs of the field...??? Ummm okay...???
2. You don't want formation subs...??? Who needs strategy?
3. You don't think the coaches should be on the sidelines???
4. You believe refs only exist during penalties???
5. YOU BELIEVE THIS IS HARDCORE FOOTBALL???

If you love the game then congrats. I am on record as saying this is the best next gen version but still very below last gen levels. You say that this represents hardcore football.... you would be wrong good sir... this is not hardcore football. Now, I only played for three years so I am no expert but please rationalise your commentary and examine what you say because comments above make you sound silly. Play the last gen version of this game and then give your thoughts as a comparison... I would love to hear them.

As for Madden... I've never been a HUGE FAN of Madden but I give them props for adding so much to presentation. If the game comes out and it is poor then yes I willl bash it. The fact that you call me a basher though is pretty annoying as I have stated 100's of times that NCAA football is my fave series and 06 on ps2 is the BEST GAME EVER!!! Does that sound like an EA basher to you? I call it how it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #56
Rookie

Pheud's Arena

OVR: 6

Havent played it in about 2 weeks.Just too boring.

I have tried to play through 3 dynastys I've started but I just cant get through the 1st season.Plays the same no matter what...I've come to the point I just chuck the ball up and use the same handful of plays just like last year.

Definatly trading it in for Madden.I'm done with NCAA till they get their act together.

Lets go V-C-U!!(And to make it clear, I have been a VCU hoops fan since 2007...no bandwagon for me, thank you very much!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »