Home

Does crowd noise affect the away team?

This is a discussion on Does crowd noise affect the away team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

OVR: 5
Does crowd noise affect the away team?

I have played 3.5 seasons of RTG. I audible almost every play and use hot routes a lot. I'm using 'Bama in the SEC. When I am the away team and the place is jacked-up I can still audible/change routes and my players never mess-up. They usually go into an animation that indicates they can't hear, but as soon as I snap the ball they run the exact route I just called for. I have never had a guy run the wrong route after an audible. I'm pretty sure this happened last season.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Does crowd noise affect the away team?

Yeah it does, I played as tennessee at floridas stadium today online and one time I had to press a like 5 times to snap the ball. The center look backed a couple times which made it kind of cool.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Makes your skill players not be able to hear your QB audibles sometimes.
Makes the QB's lines wavy if you are trying to look at the passing routes before snapping the ball. (Especially if the QB has low AWR.)

The louder it is, the more pronounced each effect. If it's really loud, also sometimes you will not be able to see what button corresponds to each skill player when looking at the passing routes.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

Your QB's awareness (ability to see the routes & receiver buttons) diminishes... that's about it. Your receivers might not hear audibles..
Old 07-31-2009, 05:50 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
Your QB's awareness (ability to see the routes & receiver buttons) diminishes... that's about it. Your receivers might not hear audibles..
LOL stop joking around, you know crowd noise does nothing when you can't even hear it ha ha!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilla56
LOL stop joking around, you know crowd noise does nothing when you can't even hear it ha ha!
I turned up the crowd noise slider and turned down the commentary. I also have noticed this year that whether you have a big stadium or not makes a big difference in the crowd noise, and whether it's a close game or not makes a big difference also.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:07 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39

Speaking of crowd noise.. I really believe they should record some new audio from different sized stadiums - Just a wide range from Penn St. to FIU. Every situation and crowd feels very generic, washed out, and detached from the visual crowd.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:12 PM   #8
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

OVR: 5

i'm getting all the other effects mentioned (? instead of WR letter, messed up route lines, ect). i just have not had a player run the wrong route after getting the "i can't hear you animation".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »